Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry seller. I'll NEVER buy again!  (Read 8583 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 06:45:29 AM »

Well.... I can see the problem exists with the buyer and not the seller.  LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy
Can we change the title of the thread to 'Buyer's Remorse' ?

The problem exists with the buyer?  How do you figure that?  The buyer was told one thing and it turns out that what he was told was wrong.  Just how is that the problem is his fault???
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »

This reminds me of the Ten-Tec keyer I bought on "that big auction site" about 6-8 years ago.  Cute little thing, built-in paddles and a wall cord for 120v AC power, all in one little unit. 

The seller's description said "I haven't used it in a while, but it was working perfectly the last time I used it."   When I received it, I plugged it in and found only one of the paddles worked, but the other took a lot of force to work.  And you couldn't hold the cabinet down so you could apply force to that paddle, because if you touched the cabinet, you got a shock from the live 120v AC leaking onto the cabinet and chassis.  And when I took the cover off to have a look, I found blackened charred goo inside the case. 

So this keyer really was just like the old joke where the seller says "it was working perfectly the last time I used it" and the buyer finds out that the sentence ends ".. until it caught on fire and I beat the flames out with a hammer."   :-/

And the seller's return address label read,  "The Reverend Whatever-it-was."  :-)  GREAT ethics, preacher-man.  :-/
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 06:23:53 AM »

To the Honorable Bobby, KS9LBW -

Seems as though you and I disagree.  Fair enough. 
But when you can't defend your position anymore and
feel it is necessary to attack me personally with insults...

.... you've lost all honor and credibility, not to mention the argument.

~ Mitch ~
KB9TMP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »

AC4RD posted:
And the seller's return address label read,  "The Reverend Whatever-it-was."  :-)  GREAT ethics, preacher-man.  :-/

I used to work in a GM car dealership. The General Manager once told me that you should "never do business with anyone whose profession starts with the letter 'P'. Never deal with a Preacher, a Politician, or a Prostitute"  He would also say "I'm not prejudiced, I hate all minority's equally."  Roll Eyes

I always took EVERYTHING that man said with a grain of salt.

Your mileage may vary!
73 KB9TMP
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »

To the Honorable Bobby, KS9LBW -

Seems as though you and I disagree.  Fair enough. 
But when you can't defend your position anymore and
feel it is necessary to attack me personally with insults...

.... you've lost all honor and credibility, not to mention the argument.

~ Mitch ~
Insults? I seen them as factoids to yet further your illicit banter on the misfortune I have succumbed to. Your anonymity speaks volumes in itself. 
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 11:03:53 AM »

Factoids? Illicit banter?  Thanks! - I needed a chuckle.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

~ Mitch ~
W6UDO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »

I've probably missed out on a lot of great deals, but this is why I only buy from eBay and use only PayPal. I check eBay for the seller's rating and make sure he/she is darn close to 100% + rating, if not right on.
I've been tempted on other websites by gear I would've liked to have, and the sellers may actually have been perfectly honest, but without a guarantee like eBay and PayPal offer, I won't take the plunge.
Sorry you got bit! Vy 73...Joe...w6udo
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 04:12:07 PM »

Lesson learned Joe. Thanks for the post! Have a great evening   Smiley    73's  Bobby KS9LBW.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: