Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS60  (Read 4445 times)
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 04:45:32 AM »

AL7B
Thanks for the email and the caps in question. I'll start investigating. Looks like they kept the same parts and locations in the TS50 and 60. A radio of this age will start having the dreaded electrolytic cap issues. I think electrolytic caps are the enemy of electronics. Even in modern day stuff manufactured 1 year ago.
TV tech told me his company making big bucks changing out defective caps from the factory in a major manufacturer's flat screen TVs. Samsung, I think. It's warranty but the company gets a cut of the repairs....He showed me huge bags of caps that need to be changed out in the process. Does it in your house in about 2 hrs.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:57:58 AM »

AL7B, Dick
THANK YOU!!!
You really saved the day from spending money to patch the so-called need to have 6M in the shack!!!
The email you sent about the 3 caps on the TX-RX board were the problem. On the top near the fan.
Removed the TX-RX board and surgically, I mean it was like surgical, replaced the three 47uf caps, and like magic, no more up and down power. Speaking into the mic ALWAYS makes plenty of RF output. The radio seems to be ready to go.
Using the FLEX radio panadapter, the USB display looks normal and clean, the audio is very good.
Thanks...........problem solved
Fred
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 03:11:04 AM »

The TS-60 should put out 90 watts since that is what they were designed to do.NOBODY can see the difference in 80 to 100 watts output on an S-meter anyway!  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 05:47:27 PM »

hi,

join other Kenwood TS-50 and TS_60 fans here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kenwood_TS50/

73 james
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: