Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRZ logbook  (Read 2600 times)
AG5T

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:54:14 PM »

I noticed QRZ.com now has a logbook. How does that work in comparison to eqsl and LOTW? It looks interesting and the good thing was most of my contacts showed up as confirmed. Does it pull from those databases? thanks
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 05:26:37 PM »

I use the qrz.com online logbook quite a bit.
But, it won't really help you towards ARRL Awards.
It is fairly easy to use. I'm not certain if it will take
data from LOTW. I "think" it will.
I have had several contacts that looked at the log entry
and never confirmed. And others confirmed very quickly.
If I were into awards etc. I would use LOTW instead.
But, I enjoy casual DX'ing and am too lazy to keep a
paper log like I used to do!!
james
WD5GWY

K4EZD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 05:54:30 AM »

QRZ log was the only one I used for years as it was very easy to use, free,  and provided instant access to the contacts data information. Only about half of the logs entries were ever confirmed and of course none of these could be used for awards and were for personal use only. I now use HRD with its interface to LOTW and to eQSL.  When someone logs me on QRZ I always confirm it our of courtesy but I now use it only for these "incoming" QSO contacts.
K5CWO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 10:11:17 AM »

The only issue I have noticed is that when I download my log to transfer to EQSL and LOTW, my "received" QSOs don't get recognized on the uploads. Something to watch for.

Mike
K5CWO
N6JRZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 07:54:40 AM »

The QRZ.com log book is the only one I have every utilized. I can not afford to pay for a log book so this one suits my needs perfectly. It has been there for several years so it is nothing new on their site!!
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 01:59:01 PM »

The QRZ.com log book is the only one I have every utilized. I can not afford to pay for a log book so this one suits my needs perfectly. It has been there for several years so it is nothing new on their site!!

Why do you need to pay for a logbook Just because HRD is planning to start charging for their product doesn't mean free logging is over. There are numerous EXCELLENT electronic logbooks on the internet FREE for the downloading and use. For the record, I have used DX Lab Suite for many years and it is totally FREE, has excellent support from the author Dave AA6YQ and does as much as HRD (and probably more but I haven't done a feature to feature comparison in a while). If you are still interested in electronic logging, do yourself a favor and at least check it out. You then won't have to make statement that you can't afford to pay for a FREE logbook.

And I don't use QRZ logbook. DX Lab Suite handles all my logging needs and interfaces seamlessly to LOTW, eQSL and makes paper QSLs a snap. Oh did I mention it's FREE!!  Grin

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: