Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Afghanistan -- Finally !!  (Read 5962 times)
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »

Feels good, doesn't it! That is a tough one to get!

Roger W5RDW

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 01:17:21 PM »

It seems that the current DX operators serving in Afghanistan are consistent QSLers via LoTW. This month (October 2012) I got three LoTW confirmations, from T6MO (18 MHz CW), T6LG (28 MHz CW) and T6JC (7 MHz CW).

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 01:56:42 PM »

It seems that the current DX operators serving in Afghanistan are consistent QSLers via LoTW. This month (October 2012) I got three LoTW confirmations, from T6MO (18 MHz CW), T6LG (28 MHz CW) and T6JC (7 MHz CW).

I find it very ironic that these two guys in Afghanistan QSL so quickly using LoTW and I still do not have WAS for a single band.  I have WAS but mixed bands.

Chris/NU1O
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »

I have no WAS at all - still need Montana!
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

This weekend is the NA Sweepstakes contest. There should be stations from Montana on. I bet during a lull in the action they would be happy to give you a contact for WAS. I know if I was in Montana I certainly would.

paul
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »

I worked T6LG at around 4 PM on the 23rd and when I checked LOTW at 8AM the next day he had already confirmed the contact! That was a surprise.
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:16 PM »

This weekend is the NA Sweepstakes contest. There should be stations from Montana on. I bet during a lull in the action they would be happy to give you a contact for WAS. I know if I was in Montana I certainly would.

paul

Unfortunately Sweepstakes is a domestic contest - no points for DX QSOs so I doubt you'll get anyone to work you.  There are several MT stations on the bands.  N9RV is a good one to look for - he has a big station and often can be found on 40 and 20m outside of contests working EU when the band is open.  ARRL DX in February is another good opportunity.

73, Dave
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 09:04:51 PM »

Thanks for the pointer - I thought that N9RV was still in Indiana - I had a couple of phone QSOs with him in the past. I shall keep an eye on the DX cluster for him.

Back to Afghanistan now, I just noticed that T6LG logs are now uploaded on Clublog.com - great!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 09:07:47 PM by SV1XV » Logged
LZ1CNN

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 10:09:59 AM »

Hello Guys,
Congratulations for all of you who already have worked T6LG! Thank you so very much for your patience in the pile ups. I have never posted before in any forums... Now, just read all your posts and decided just to say hi and to comment the topic within a "short" answer. I must do it...
First of all, I would like to thank you so much for the good words related to my operation, it is the biggest acknowledgement for me. It was extremely difficult to achieve this result. Getting the license, collecting the equipment, the explanations to the military authorities - what the equipment is and what I will use the equipment for, what the HAM radio is, limitations about the luggage we can carry over here etc... You know! But..., let's leave the applause for the end, it is the beginning of my operation. Everyone who already has received any confirmation by paper QSL or LoTW must be very thankful to Gosho, LZ1ZF - he is the best QSL manager ever. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH MY FRIEND FOR YOUR VERY HARD WORKING. I appreciate it! Also I'd like to mention Boycho, LZ1BJ... If somebody enjoy the fast LoTW confirmation and Club log statistics and searches, it is as a result of LZ1BJ's work. Thanks also for Alex, LZ1ADF and Valentin, LZ1DOT for the making and the maintenance of the web page I already have. Thanks to Vasko, LZ1JK - the owner of ACOM, Kon, DF4SA - SPIDER BEAM manufacturer, Bedri, LZ4RR, Boris, LZ2JR for their technical support and to all Bulgarian HAMs who just said to me "GO, YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN COPE WITH ". Usually it has been a pleasure to install (build) an antennas. Here is different! Every one doubts you. Nobody helps you, especially the Americans often ask me what is it for, how does it works, how does it influence to their health etc. In this manner I want to say that, a dxpedition like this can not be realized just with desire for.
I saw, somebody mentioned I purposefully ignore or avoid a call-signs which calling me.  Guys, nobody has to call me with wrong call, nobody has done something to make me mad... Just remember the noise level here is extremely high. I took a few videos of the local noise but the slow Internet connection doesn't allow me to upload it. Just will say that on 20m the noise is S7 - S9; 15m - S8; 10m S6-S7... Nothing can help you in this noisy environment, sometimes a pair of very good ears. It is not necessary to mention low bands noise level, is it...? On 80m is normally plus 20db over S9. But... it is only the noise. I am under an obligation to mention the European bad behavior.  No body wants to listen! How can I pull an overseas bear food station up from the noise if 5 or 10 Europeans call me at the same time? Is it ignoring? When I start to send "NA or SA ONLY", and don't answer them, they just start to tune on my RX frequency or to transmit multi dash signals. It is the worst of all, not the noise! I'd like to let all of you know I don't  spend the whole my spare time on the radio just to have a fun... I am on the radio to do my best, to give all of you from HAM radio brotherhood a little bit better chance to work Afghanistan! I WILL keep trying! Please keep trying to work me, too.
Now, I intend to install a kind of receiving low noise antenna, especially for the low bands. Unfortunately, the antenna space is not so appropriate, but will play it by ear. I am unexperienced or not familiar with this antennas. Expect some staff and advices from Prest, N6SS and Jose, N4IS. Thanks in advance guys! Eric, T6MO who is 100km away noticed me about the local noise here, but I have never expected so high levels. BTW, Eric visited me here while I was installing Inv. V for 80m. He is pretty good boy!He noticed me recently that a new HAM  is here, very close to me, about 2km - it is Mike, T6MH. I am happy he prefers RSK31 and SSB - I have enough QRM sources Grin.
Last but not least, want  to thank to my family - my wife Diana, LZ2GID and my so cute little boys Ivaylo and Lachezar! You miss me so much!
Sorry for my poor English!!!

Regards from Afghanistan!
73s Ilian, T6LG (LZ1CNN, YI9LZ)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 03:04:47 PM »

Llian..... Thanks to you for my New DXCC contact from Afghanistan. We all appreciate you being there and handing out QSOs from your location. GOOD LUCK and STAY SAFE!
73, Gene AF3Y
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »

In the past two years I have worked all 3 of those stations and received quick LoTW confirmations from each.  These men are in a war zone yet manage to upload very frequently to LoTW but I can't get LoTW confirmations from some common states and some very populous countries.  It's a shame more are not using LoTW.

Chris/NU1O

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: