Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT2000, IF2000 problem PLEASE HELP!  (Read 3190 times)
KG6SAM

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »

Hello, I have a Yaesu Ft2000 with the IF 2000 installed and I am having some issues that hopefully you can help me with.
Using the LP-Pan and an EMU 0204 sound card. I get nothing but noise on the PC, When I turn on powersdr if stage or any one of the other programs. in the process of trying to figure this all out I connected the output jack to my frequency counter and the frequency output was around 4mhz on 10m. as I start going up the bands and finally end up at 160m It gradually gets higher. By the time I get to 160m, the IF frequency shows close to 10mhz.
Still nothing but noise on my PC display.
Then the weird part. I ended up transmitting on 10m to try and make a contact. When I did, I saw my TX on the display. I was absolutely a USB signal and fluctuated with my voice. Then I switched to LSB, and the display followed me. Same with FM AM, etc. It's absolutely tracking my TX beautifully, but nothing on RX.
Is this something I have done? Do you have any idea if it may be the IF2000, LP-Pan or sound card? I am leaning towards the IF2000 myself. Seems either it is faulty or my radio has a problem of some sort. I followed the installation instructions to the t and checked and rechecked afterwords. I am positive that the board is installed correctly (per instructions).
Thank you very much for any help, it is appreciated.
Robert
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 11:31:28 AM »

Do you have another receiver handy?  If so, listen to the output of the IF2000 on the other receiver. With an antenna on your FT-2000 and hearing signals there, you'll hear them on the IF2000 output as well if there is any output.
KD5OM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »

I have the exact same set up. My first thought is in your Power SDR setup. It took a little time for me to figure it all out but finally did. Carefully examine each of the configuration tabs. Are you also using Ham Radio Deluxe to interface? I am. I still need to do a little tweaking in the LP-PAN2 for I have a bright spot on my waterfall display. You can see mine at https://www.facebook.com/jerry.karlovich Click on my Cover Banner photo to see the big picture. I know just enough to be considered dangerous but if I can help I will. kd5oldman@gmail.com is my email.
KG6SAM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »

Thank everyone for the help!
As it turns out, someone sabotaged me on this one. Although I DO have it working now.
After pulling what is left of my hair out because everything was working interdependently but not together. I decided to take a look at the radio. My theory was that the IF2k board was not receiving an IF signal from the radio. As it turned out, I was right! I followed the "H" connector back, around to the bottom side of the radio and found it plugged in to a "j(something or other)" which sits right next to the plug marked "H". A simple pull and plug (in the right spot) and everything is a go!
To answer everybody's questions though, no I am not using HRD for cat control, i see no reason. PSDR-IF has direct ft2k cat control. I do have a "bright spot" on my display with the roofing filter off and a dip with it on, but I'm sure I'll get that worked out.
Thanks again ALL
Robert
KD5OM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:36:46 PM »

Glad you found the problem. I plan on using my Norcal S1-S9 Generator as a signal generator to assist in tweaking to get the bright spot out. I have more important battles to deal with right now and maybe sometime this winter I will find the time to do this. This sure beats buying a DMU-2000 doesn't it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: