Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much CB is still out there?  (Read 13101 times)
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2012, 06:11:21 AM »

The rf does not know if its electrons are being used on a ham band or cb....Smiley 

Some of the CB operators apparently don't know either  Grin

You win, you were the first to leave a negative comment, and on only the second reply to the thread!

Negative comment?  More like a very funny comment.

QSL that.  It was not a negative comment.  It was a *very* humorous presentation of a fact about some wayward CB operation by some wayward CB operators. 
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 01:08:42 PM »

I talk every night (to 2 other hams, no less) on restored TRC-455. I never move off channel 32. Might as well be a one channel CB. We just ragchew. Nothing else. Anyone can join, and every so often we get someone to chime in. As far as wise-asses, we simply ignore them. Don't even answer. They are trouble for like 5 minutes, and then they are gone. No funny lingo. Just English.

For the road, a CB is superior for road info. The 2M/440 crowd cannot touch it. The truckers are a wealth of info.
  Plenty of hams are using 11 Meters SSB on CHs 37 through 40, and most are very respectful. 11 can actually be a great band for local rag chews. If you want to hear "CBers" talking on a ham repeater, just go to the W6DEK.com website and click "listen live"!  You will hear the kind of shocking language and content that was once only found 11 meters.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: