Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2m/440 dual-band 3/8x24 mount  (Read 1753 times)
AC4RD

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:40 AM »

A while back there was a thread here on eham about finding a 2m/440 db antenna with a 3/8x24 mount.   (I found the thread while looking for that sort of antenna last week online.)

I bought this one from buxcomm:

http://www.packetradio.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=839

It arrived yesterday and i tried it out this morning.  Two meter performance seems about the same as my previous quarterwave, and 440 is notably better than my homebrew 440 quarterwave.  If you want a simple dual-bander with a 3/8x24 mount, this one is only $9 and it works well--can't beat that!
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

Yes, that is the antenna I suggested. I have been using it for years. Mine came with a magnetic mount for $12.00, but it is now permanently mounted and grounded on top of my truck aluminum work box. I added a tuned 2 meter ground rod to the mount and the SWR is too low to measure on that band and only slightly higher on UHF. Great performance!  Wink
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:41:23 AM by KI4SDY » Logged
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »

I've had more chances to play with this antenna, and the improvement on 440 is pretty significant over my homemade quarterwave.  I'd say "great performance" is right--especially for $9.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: