Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beverage Antenna for 40 meter SSB.  (Read 3690 times)
K4RVN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2012, 08:28:20 PM »

Mike,
The kit I ordered is set up for RG6 , has a 6:1 transformer and a 6 watt non inductive 450 OHM resistor. I also decided on steel wire @ 17 gage.
I found the length of flooded RG 6 I need with the connectors installed on each end to save time. My local Tractor Supply has the wire and insulators at a reasonable price no shipping to be paid as I will pick the items up. My radio has a phono plug and a manual switch for the receive antenna. I will be able to use A/B comparison with little trouble. Radio is an Omni 6 plus.
I'll let you know how it works when I get it all put together. If all goes well I will probably install another single wire for the pacific.
I am not a contestor so all is for fun. This has been interesting to me.
Thanks for the help as I was in the dark about the transformers for 50 ohms and 75 ohms and other details from others.

Frank
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »

My 580' Beverage antennas consistently hear signals on 160 through 20 that my transmitting antennas do not. If you do it right, you will certainly love how they work on 40. Instructions are at http://www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html .

Thanks Mike, 
The W0BTU weblink page is very informative - lots of references and valuable findings !!
Appreciate you sharing this information - thanks again!
73, Rich, K3VAT
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: