Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VU7M QSL Cards  (Read 1644 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:15:44 AM »

Hi All,

I have recently received an email from Arasu, VU2UR, which states the first batch of over 400 QSLs from the VU7M expedition have just left Bangalore via Air Mail.  He says comments are welcome here in the forum.

Chris/NU1O

IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »

rx today
SUPERCARD
at the end of November will present the qsl to the ARRL for crediting with NH8S qso on lotw this is my last country ,
now i go to holiday hi after 25 years

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:47:46 AM by IK0OZD » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »

rx today
SUPERCARD
at the end of November will present the qsl to the ARRL for crediting with NH8S qso on lotw this is my last country ,
now i go to holiday hi after 25 years

Congratulations!  You deserve a holiday.

Chris/NU1O
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:26:53 AM »

Chris, thanks for verifying the QSO for me with VU7M.  I just received the card yesterday, Nov 5, 2012.  The card was beautiful and the envelope was just as nice.  I usually don't display QSL cards (don't have a warehouse to display them) but this is one of the cards that are displayed in the shack.
73 Randy AJ4RW
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 01:39:09 PM »

Chris, thanks for verifying the QSO for me with VU7M.  I just received the card yesterday, Nov 5, 2012.  The card was beautiful and the envelope was just as nice.  I usually don't display QSL cards (don't have a warehouse to display them) but this is one of the cards that are displayed in the shack.
73 Randy AJ4RW

Hi Randy,

I just passed on a message from Arasu that you were in the log.  I did not really verify anything. 

I just received an email from Arasu, VU2UR, that Hurricane Sandy has probably delayed the cards.  I doubt it is more than a day or so.  I am still waiting for my card but I do not expect any problems.  The guys who went on the VU7M tip are real gentlemen and Arasu has become a good friend.  He even sent me two VU awards I qualified for. I was very surprised to receive them.  Arasu is in charge of the awards program and is a very prominent Indian amateur. 

He also sent me the monthly newsletter for the Indian Amateur Radio Society.  If anybody would like a copy just drop me an email and I'll find it somewhere on this hard drive.

I'm glad you liked your card so much.  Lakshadweep is a remote island and I have no doubt I will prominently display my QSL as well.  We had a very short opening and I was very happy to work them for an ATNO.

Chris/NU1O

W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 02:03:29 PM »

Congratulations Antonio on confirming all countries!

Chris, I just got cards from VU7M and ZB2FK for ATNOs today--I'm sure you will get your card soon.

The VU7M card and envelope is well worth waiting for--they both look great!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:31:58 PM by W1VT » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »

Congratulations Antonio on confirming all countries!

Chris, I just got cards from VU7M and ZB2FK for ATNOs today--I'm sure you will get your card soon.

The VU7M card and envelope is well worth waiting for--they both look great!

Nothing in today's mail and I really mean NOTHING.  AT least there were no bills.

Chris/NU1O

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »

I received my mail at about 2 PM and quickly put it in a pile thinking I did not receive any cards today but a little while ago I noticed a foreign stamp and I realized the VU7M card had arrived.  

This is honestly the most beautiful QSL I have ever received and they spent just as much time designing the envelope as the QSL itself!  The two beautiful stamps with Bengal tigers should've been a dead give away but the envelope is so large it really looks like junk mail at a quick glance.

Whomever designed this package should be working in a Madison Avenue advertising firm.  It truly is unique.

My thanks to the Indian team for their expedition to Minicoy Island as VU7M and for such a beautifully designed package.

Chris/NU1O

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 04:48:20 PM by NU1O » Logged
IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 11:22:08 AM »

Lakshadweep Islands operations VU7M were approved by the ARRL

Tks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: