Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T6LG QSO  (Read 1861 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »

Am I just getting old Huh  Im sorry but not sure about the requirements for a card from T6LG.  If I send the funds by PayPal, do I still need to send an SAE?  Not real clear to me. I have emailed them to ask, but no reply.
73, Gene AF3Y
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »

No, just make sure your PayPal address is right. You can also add your call sign, address, and QSO details to the comments section if needed
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 07:23:12 AM »

The way I read it Gene is that you can send a SAE with IRC's to get a QSL OR you can send just a Paypal payment to LZ1ZF. He doesn't specify the amount, but I would say $2 - $3 would be sufficient. Also, I received a LOTW confirmation is just a couple of days after my QSO.

John K7KB
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »

Thanks!  Now if you can just get N3DG to stop calling on the DX freq.  I thought he was some kind of super DXER... More like a super ASSHOLE. This is not the first time. Damned shame I dont live near Huntingdon Valley, Pa.

73, Gene AF3Y
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 07:33:38 AM »

I had my T6LG QSO's confirmed within hours via LOTW. Betcha yours are confirmed there too!
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:43:23 AM »

I had my T6LG QSO's confirmed within hours via LOTW. Betcha yours are confirmed there too!

Same here.

Details    W5RDW    T6LG    2012-10-03 15:16:00    15M    CW       AFGHANISTAN

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 07:48:32 AM »

Thanks!  Now if you can just get N3DG to stop calling on the DX freq.  I thought he was some kind of super DXER... More like a super ASSHOLE. This is not the first time. Damned shame I dont live near Huntingdon Valley, Pa.

73, Gene AF3Y

It's not N3DG. People hack his call and QRM, it is like a sport, just so people like you think "what an asshole".

paul
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 07:49:23 AM »

LZ is one of those places I would recommend using PayPal (as Illian noted). Although the buro works well. Not that I would want to wait 2 or so years for a T6 QSL card.  Smiley
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 08:12:01 AM »

73, Gene AF3Y

It's not N3DG. People hack his call and QRM, it is like a sport, just so people like you think "what an asshole".

paul

Paul, how do you know it is not him? Does he never use his own callsign? 
73, Gene AF3Y
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »

Right you are....... Worked on 25th and in LOTW on 26th!  Fantastic.  Everyone should be so prompt Roll Eyes)
73, Gene AF3Y
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

73, Gene AF3Y
I guess I do not know for sure. These is lots of talk about his call being pirated for QRM. I guess i assume nobody would be as stupid as to use their own call.

Paul
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »

73, Gene AF3Y
I guess I do not know for sure. These is lots of talk about his call being pirated for QRM. I guess i assume nobody would be as stupid as to use their own call.

Paul

Why would HIS call be pirated for QRM?  What is the supposed REASON for this, if it is what you say?

IF that IS the case, obviously he has irritated someone, or some persons, to the point where they would do such a thing. So, perhaps my first statement and opinion was the correct one. This is FAR from the first time I have had this problem.

73, Gene AF3Y
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 10:28:25 AM »

Why would HIS call be pirated for QRM?  What is the supposed REASON for this, if it is what you say?

I never know why this stuff happens. Google "N3DG QRM"; he has been accused of being a jerk regarding equipment transactions. I have no idea of the validity of the claims.
Why is W3LPL sometimes used to QRM? I guess someone doesn't like the robot.
Why was K6VVA used to "spot" stations with rude/hateful/obscene comments? I have no idea.

People make mistakes and transmit on the DX all the time. Even I have done it.  When they do so for 30 minutes straight, and all they do is send their callsign on-and-on-and-on-and on-and ... I tend to assume it is NOT them and someone pirating their callsign and having some "fun".

paul
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »

Thanks!  Now if you can just get N3DG to stop calling on the DX freq.  I thought he was some kind of super DXER... More like a super ASSHOLE. This is not the first time. Damned shame I dont live near Huntingdon Valley, Pa.

73, Gene AF3Y

paul

I made the mistake of saying "It's not N3DG" on the cluster once. Next thing I knew, my own call was being used.

Lesson learned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: