Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the KX3 all it's cracked up to be or fake?  (Read 95884 times)
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »

I have only had mine for a few days but I have to say that they did an excellent job.  Elecraft has kept up with the firmware based on suggestions from owners and it plays well.  The audio peaking filter on CW works better than the one in my Orion2.  The whole menu system makes sense and whoever designed it knew how most hams use their equipment.  In the field you need to watch how you handle it and if you want a tank, you need to get a Harris Falcon manpack but you won't get that for $1000.
Art
N3IG

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:53 AM »

I have had my KX3 for about 2 months and love it. Having NR, variable filtering, CW decode for the fast ones only scratches the surface of pluses over my 817. With that being said the KX3 sets on the desk, back porch or other protected area (don't have money to replace it). My 817 sits in a go bag for field use since it does appear to be sealed against the elements better if it does get a little dusty or starts to rain. So my opinion is both have their place and neither is going anywhere.

The KX3 is a much better performing radio and the FT-817 is more rugged and cheaper to replace. I do not use 2m or 70cm very often so that is not a consideration for me.
K6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »

I have had my KX3 for about 2 months and love it. Having NR, variable filtering, CW decode for the fast ones only scratches the surface of pluses over my 817. With that being said the KX3 sets on the desk, back porch or other protected area (don't have money to replace it). My 817 sits in a go bag for field use since it does appear to be sealed against the elements better if it does get a little dusty or starts to rain. So my opinion is both have their place and neither is going anywhere.

The KX3 is a much better performing radio and the FT-817 is more rugged and cheaper to replace. I do not use 2m or 70cm very often so that is not a consideration for me.

http://gemsproducts.com/covers.html might be of interest to you. Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: