Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Anyone Using the Wouxun KG-UV3D in Full Duplex Mode?  (Read 2715 times)
W3AGT

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2012, 04:59:46 AM »

Really wanting to get into the amsat side of things.

I have the KG-UV3D H/T but am a little confused as to whether it is capable for full duplex.

I anticipate picking up an Arrow with a duplexer to make this a one radio setup.

Just wanted to know if this radio has the capability of listening on one band and transmitting on another.

My experience with the Wouxun has been limited to repeaters.

W3AGT

I am the King of My Castle When the Queen Lets Me
N6JSX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 06:06:48 AM »

Quick answer is NO to full duplex Undecided...... Buttttttttt the Wouxun dual-band(s) are one of the "only" HT's (besides a few Yaesu's) that are truly 'SAT Friendly' --- as each memory can be programmed for the different 'band' RX & TX frequencies. It would be nice to hear yourself in a true duplex world but technically not feasible in small HTs.

I have the UV3 for SAT operations, it works great; I've programmed 4-5 memories for each SAT to accommodate Doppler affects and when needed the 10min PL timer activation. The SAT programming chart/info can be found on my HAM-SATs group.  Grin You will want to use 'free' KG Commander to PC program - manual programming is a real bear!

Now we just need more working FM SATs in orbit - we're down to only two SO-50 and the temperamental AO-27, with Fox-1 (FM SAT) going into orbit next year.  ISS repeater is not active and crew OPs are very hit-n-miss.  Shocked

W3AGT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 06:44:41 AM »

I have the UV3 for SAT operations, it works great

Thanks for the great info.  Really appreciated!

I am the King of My Castle When the Queen Lets Me
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: