Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Large amount of 20 meters interfered with by Radio China International.  (Read 485 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2012, 06:17:25 AM »

Did anybody else notice almost the entire 20 meter CW band was taken out by QRM this morning until 1300 UTC?  I traced the offender to Radio China International broadcasting on 13.970.  Their signal was strong but it was extremely wide, splattering at 30 dB over S9 all the way up to the digital portion of the band.  Their signal was not symmetrical in that they did not splatter down in frequency but from 13.970 up.  It was very easy to see on the Panadapter. At 1300 UTC they either lowered their power, switched beam patterns, or switched to another transmitter site because their signal dropped by 20db and the interference stopped.

I'm just curious if any other amateurs noticed this. Most of you are probably in the contest but after working but after working DX1M, who was very strong, I went looking for P29NI on CW and found the whole CW band wiped out.

Chris/NU1O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: