Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscilloscopes!  (Read 3876 times)
W6REH

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »

The tutorials on youtube from W2AEW are fantastic.

I will agree that the Tek scopes are a good choice. I used both the 456 & 2465 at a company building rf stuff.
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »

My Tektronix scope was purchased used with some cheap no name probes. They really stunk. I did a little research for the part number that came with the scope, shopped eBay for months until I got two of them NOS one at a time. Paid about $20 each shipped because I was patient. They are like night and day to the cheap ones.

No way would I put the $10 probes on any scope. There might be good ones out there, but the scope was designed around a specific probe to get it's specs.

My experience is that cheap probes perform like cheap probes. I couldn't even get a decent square wave out of the test point regardless of the compensation control.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
W2AEW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

The tutorials on youtube from W2AEW are fantastic.

I will agree that the Tek scopes are a good choice. I used both the 456 & 2465 at a company building rf stuff.

Thanks for the complement!  I find it hard to believe that my YouTube channel is closing in on nearly a quarter million views!

Alan W2AEW

------------------------------------------------------
My YouTube channel...
...ham radio, basic electronics tutorials, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/w2aew
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 09:14:59 PM »

Alan:  The reason for the quarter of a million hits for your YouTube videos is easy to understand.  They are the best on the web!  I have your site bookmarked and have spent many hours watching and learning. 

Not to sound like someone blowing smoke up your butt, but the combination of voice, knowledge of the material and fluid presentation makes for a very professional and easy to watch video.

Al- K8AXW
W2AEW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

Alan:  The reason for the quarter of a million hits for your YouTube videos is easy to understand.  They are the best on the web!  I have your site bookmarked and have spent many hours watching and learning. 

Not to sound like someone blowing smoke up your butt, but the combination of voice, knowledge of the material and fluid presentation makes for a very professional and easy to watch video.

Al- K8AXW

Thank you very much, Al.  Please let me know if there are any topics that you'd like to see in a future video.
73 de Alan W2AEW

------------------------------------------------------
My YouTube channel...
...ham radio, basic electronics tutorials, etc.
http://www.youtube.com/w2aew
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: