Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW Sweepstakes This Weekend  (Read 3181 times)
K3TN

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:59:01 AM »

The grandaddy of all US domestic contests, the ARRL Sweepstakes CW, is this weekend. SS starts at 2100 UTC Saturday and runs through 0300 Monday am. Full info can be found here.

If you don't like crowded bands, and you want to have fun calling CQ: get on late Sunday evening and you will be what is commonly called "fresh meat." For brief periods of time you will get to experience very, very loud US pileups - sort of like being a DX station in the Caribbean...

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:44:27 AM »

This will be a good contest for picking up some states for WAS or Triple play.  I'm short on some CW so maybe this will be my weekend to addto the list.  This contest would be even better if ARRL would streamline their exchanges.  The way it looks now is that the only thing not exchanged is my pets' names and ages hi hi.
Randy
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »

If you haven't RECENTLY (like within the last month) upgraded your contesting software you might not be able to log any of the new Ontario sections- ONN, ONW, ONS and GTA. There is no "ON" section any more.

I wonder what happens if a VE3 stubbornly continues sending his section as "ON." I guess I better see what N1MM Logger does in that situation.

KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 02:07:08 PM »

I GOTZ ME A SWEEP !!!

Shocked   Shocked   Shocked
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:23:26 PM »

Congratulations Bill!!
Randy  Smiley
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:16 AM »

Congrats on Sweep! I found ND low on 15m for my last one Sunday afternoon. I worked VY1EI early, which is always nice. My other hard one was NLI - Hurricane Sandy knocked a bunch of ops off the air.

John K3TN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: