Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new Hamfest Minnesota?  (Read 3654 times)
KC0VCU

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2012, 02:32:22 AM »

I've still got my hopes up!

That said, I need a few more people if we're going to get this thing to work.

If you go through the threads here you'll find my original posting. We're really at a bit of a make or break point for putting together a hamfest in the Twin Cities in the next year. I have a few people who've gone to http://hamfestminnesota.org and expressed an interest in helping put together a hamfest for this next year. And a couple of people who've indicated that they want to be kept in the loop on what's happening. My preference would be that another 4 or 5 people sign up to help, and I'm looking to see if I can get a meeting set up this next month to see if we have all that we need to really get things rolling.

My own experience is related to running a couple of volunteer run, multi-day conventions. And I have no illusion that my experience is a great match for running an 8 hr or less event including a place for people to sell gear, possibly a test venue for people to look to upgrade licenses, or get a license in the first place. I think it would be great if there was a space for vendors to show new equipment off, and a place for other clubs, some ham radio related, and perhaps a few who are not, and perhaps even served agencies to be available to explain what they do, and perhaps explain how ham radio is, or is not, a critical resource. I'm kind of hoping that there's someone who can arrange for food to be available as well, most of the hams I know happen to like it to various levels of appreciation.

If any of this sounds interesting, and you'd like to help, I'd appreciate it if you would drop by http://hamfestminnesota.org and sign up to help out. You don't have to be a ham, but that's appreciated.

It's been over 7 years since there was a Minnesota Hamfest. We've gone through one of the deepest and longest solar minimums and seem to have come out of that going gangbusters on the air. Let's see if we can end the no Minnesota Hamfest cycle as well.

Thank you, and 73,

- Rusty - kc0vcu
K9YLI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:34:21 AM »

I sent an email to  the  TC  club... feedback...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: