Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monaco, finally!  (Read 4352 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 09:44:47 AM »

http://wd5eae.org/HB9BZA_LoTWUsersList.html

According to the resources on this list, only station that uses LoTW with a Monaco callsign is 3A2MW.

There are also a bunch of 3A/HomeCall stations that have used LoTW.

Similarly, the list of ZBs on LoTW are ZB2CD, ZB2CN, ZB2JS, and ZB2X.

DX Watch is great for spotting stations that use LoTW.

Happy Hunting!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:50:42 AM by W1VT » Logged
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

I have never heard Monaco.
That is my last European entity to snag.

I heard somewhere that there are mountains west of the Principality
that make it difficult for RF to get from there to the US.
Have to look that one up someday.

I have to modify the above statement.

I have about given UP on Monk Apollo.

I have sent him 2 cards, one with US currency and one with
IRC just in case there is a problem in Greece with mail theft.
No reply.
Looks like Mt. Athos has to come off the list of worked entities.
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »

There is hope yet  Cheesy
Starting tomorrow there will be two ops on from Monaco.
Got this from the DX World site:

From November 9-17, 2012 look for 3A/ON5UR and 3A/ON8AK running SSB only. So far they have permission for one base station, but hope to find a solution to get two stations on the air. They will operate from 10 to 80M.

Bob
K6UJ
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »

Laura came on again this morning on 20m ssb.  S7 and armchair copy.  Much better signal than last time.  Just an FYI for those looking for 3A2.  Of course LP and many Californians stations were working her. GL to all.

Jonathan W6GX
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 07:52:44 AM »

Laura came on again this morning on 20m ssb.  S7 and armchair copy.  Much better signal than last time.  Just an FYI for those looking for 3A2.  Of course LP and many Californians stations were working her. GL to all.

Jonathan W6GX

Congrats on Monaco..... tuff catch.  I wonder if Vince KA3NRX is giving her a try. I know he needs Monaco to finish out EU.

73, Gene AF3Y
K4JC

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »

Laura was my one and only 3A contact, and as I recall her signal wasn't very strong, even here in Florida where EU usually comes booming in. Monaco forbids all outside antennas so I suspect that the few active hams from there are using some form of stealth antennas and low power. Plus I've been told the noise level is pretty high. I don't know what the guys running the current DXpedition there are using for antennas, but maybe they got special permission for a temporary installation. I haven't heard them yet, but then I haven't had much time lately to get on the air (darn ol' gainful employment keeps getting in the way of my playing radio!  Tongue )
SV1XV

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »

I don't know what the guys running the current DXpedition there are using for antennas, but maybe they got special permission for a temporary installation.
I worked 3A/ON8AK a few days ago on 14325 kHz SSB. His signal was very good and the QSO very easy. Perhaps he used a dipole or vertical antenna which was installed clear of other structures.
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »

I don't know what the guys running the current DXpedition there are using for antennas, but maybe they got special permission for a temporary installation.
I worked 3A/ON8AK a few days ago on 14325 kHz SSB. His signal was very good and the QSO very easy. Perhaps he used a dipole or vertical antenna which was installed clear of other structures.

For some reason I couldn't hear these guys.  You're in Greece and I'm in Colorado.  That explains part of the difference  Smiley

Jonathan W6GX
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 06:14:41 AM »

I can finally add my call to those who worked Monaco for the first time! 3A2MD on 20 CW now, good signals and LP, of course, the only path from here.

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 06:36:25 AM »

Congratulations Roger and to everyone else whose had the pleasure of working Monaco.  That's a tough nut to crack.  I didn't know that Monaco doesn't allow outside antennas.  Sounds like the country is a big HOA.
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 06:19:43 AM »

Must be my week! Just got 3A/ON5UR on 17M SSB of all things! As usual, signals very weak over the LP and SSB does not help any, but Max held in there and repeated my call many times! Much appreciated for sure!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 07:12:56 AM »

Does anybody recall if Prince Albert of Monaco was a ham in his teens or twenties?  Those are very Draconian laws with respect to no outside antennas.

Chris/NU1O
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 08:07:42 AM »

Those are very Draconian laws with respect to no outside antennas.

Maybe those laws apply to visiting amateurs?  Huh

According to her webpage, Laura's station boasts a 2 ele beam:

http://3a2md.over-blog.com/pages/ma-station-radio-2168410.html

Frank, W1NK
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »

Does anybody recall if Prince Albert of Monaco was a ham in his teens or twenties?  Those are very Draconian laws with respect to no outside antennas.

Chris/NU1O

If he was a ham, the Prince probably had a beam, Especially since he would have been unable to get an antenna in that can. Cool  Grin

73, Gene AF3Y
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: