Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW  (Read 58850 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2012, 08:44:58 AM »

Found on the LOTW mail list:

===CUT===
The Delta Division Director's update this morning addressed LOTW.  Here is part of what Dave, K5UZ had to say.  Hopefully you are getting the same news from your representatives.

"At last week's Administration and Finance Committee
meeting, staff was authorized to replace the old magnetic drives with
faster digital units.  The change-over and upgrade will take a few
weeks as staff wants to 1.)keep the old units for back-up data and 2.)
Allow for systems testing and comparison. This process should take
approximately eight weeks; therefore I now pose the question:  Isn't
it time for a software upgrade to go along with the new LOTW hardware?
Please let your Director know what you think on this issue as it
certainly is an opportune time to get this fine membership service
adjusted and running the way it should!" 
===CUT===

I don't even know who my director is and that's partly my fault, but the ARRL has a massive database and communicating with constituents should not be a big problem.  I get an ARRL letter every week via Email.  Why can't my director get the Email addresses for his/her constituents from the ARRL and send emails when appropriate?  Should we really be chasing them, or is it their job to inform us members? I don't believe I have ever received an Email from my director.  That's why I was so surprised to see an Email from a director which admits they need to make some investments and spend some money.  Where are the Emails from the other directors? 

When my brother ran for State Representative in 2008 I typed in the zip codes on QRZ for the communities his district represented and we mailed a letter to all those with amateur licenses which stated his brother (me) was an amateur radio operator and my brother was familiar with the problems facing our hobby.  Nobody with an R next to their name won any elections up and down the East Coast that year so there is no telling if it helped or not.

I think what happens in most charitable organizations is the CEO runs the day-to-day operations and all the other non-paid positions just fall into line and don't rock the boat. What's needed in any non-profit organization are people who are not afraid to hold an opinion different from the manager's position and who are not afraid to let their differing opinions known.

Two days before Sweepstakes around November 15th I was about 5 or 6 days behind in my LoTW confirmations and I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell they'd clear out the Sweepstakes confirmations before they got hit with the CQWW uploads.  To my surprise they did get out most of the SS confirmations but I think they had to play some games to do so.  Maybe the SS files got moved to the front and the common files were delayed or lost.

The delay has actually got longer than before SS.  It has now been 9 days since CQWW ended and I have yet to receive a confirmation for any QSO dated on the 26th or later.

What we really need is a Whistleblower (and I normally don't like them but this is not national defense we're talking about) to tell us what is actually going on.

Chris/NU1O
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »

Chris, most ARRL elected officials run unopposed. You're not exactly going to get the cream of the crop there.

We recently elected a new director here, who actually had to campaign and work for his seat. He's actually a good friend of mine - Mike, N2YBB. From what I know of him I think he'll do a good job. He's already reaching out.

In Hudson division we already were getting emails from our division reps though, so they communicate with us.

But I think that some of them in other divisions get elected in an uncontested race then sit and do nothing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:42:29 AM by N2RJ » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

Chris, most ARRL elected officials run unopposed. You're not exactly going to get the cream of the crop there.

We recently elected a new director here, who actually had to campaign and work for his seat. He's actually a good friend of mine - Mike, N2YBB. From what I know of him I think he'll do a good job. He's already reaching out.

In Hudson division we already were getting emails from our division reps though, so they communicate with us.

But I think that some of them in other divisions get elected in an uncontested race then sit and do nothing.

Ryan, other than seeing K1ZZ's name on every editorial for as long as i can recall, I don't know beans about the politics of the ARRL or how it it governed.

I do know it is generally not a good thing if people run unopposed or hold a job for a very long period of time. 

If your friend, Mike, had to fight for his position I have a feeling he's liable to take it more seriously than somebody who had no opposition. 

I hope he does a good job for you guys and maybe he will want to play a bigger role someday.

Chris/NU1O
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: December 04, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »

I have had some of my first CQWW QSL's show up.  I got 4 today.  I have not had my upload I put in on the 29th show up yet.  HMM

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: December 04, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »

All of my ZK2C QSOs just showed up, but my upload of the 29th is not there yet.

73, Gene AF3Y
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:44 PM »

I just had an upload (re-upload) sent Nov 28 processed this evening. Elapsed time was six days plus a few hours. This was the second lost file that I had to re-upload.

Dave, N6ORB
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: December 05, 2012, 12:49:55 AM »

Rather than going forward in time my confirmations are actually going backwards in time.  I really think many of those smaller files were held back so the SS backlog could be taken care of before they got swamped with CQWW uploads.

Gene, I also received the QSL for ZK2C but that QSO was in February of this year.

Has anybody received a LoTW confirmation for a QSO after November 25th?

Chris/NU1O
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: December 05, 2012, 01:25:44 AM »

Chris/NU1O

I have one uploaded QSO that took place on the 26th that has been processed by LoTW (no QSL yet though):
Station
Call Sign       K9AIM
DXCC       UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
ITU Zone       4
Grid       EM69tx
State       IN
County       BOONE
Worked Station
Worked       ZF2AH
Date/Time       2012-11-26 16:40:00
Mode       CW (CW)
Band       12M
Frequency       24.897
Record ID 459597872 Received: 2012-12-04 02:05:38
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: December 05, 2012, 02:14:33 AM »

I, too, received my ZK2C. As far as any of my recent uploads - NADA!
K5JZ

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: December 05, 2012, 04:15:29 AM »

Found on the LOTW mail list:

===CUT===
The Delta Division Director's update this morning addressed LOTW.  Here is part of what Dave, K5UZ had to say.  Hopefully you are getting the same news from your representatives.

"At last week's Administration and Finance Committee
meeting, staff was authorized to replace the old magnetic drives with
faster digital units.  The change-over and upgrade will take a few
weeks as staff wants to 1.)keep the old units for back-up data and 2.)
Allow for systems testing and comparison. This process should take
approximately eight weeks; therefore I now pose the question:  Isn't
it time for a software upgrade to go along with the new LOTW hardware?
Please let your Director know what you think on this issue as it
certainly is an opportune time to get this fine membership service
adjusted and running the way it should!" 
===CUT===

I don't even know who my director is and that's partly my fault, but the ARRL has a massive database and communicating with constituents should not be a big problem.  I get an ARRL letter every week via Email.  Why can't my director get the Email addresses for his/her constituents from the ARRL and send emails when appropriate?  Should we really be chasing them, or is it their job to inform us members? I don't believe I have ever received an Email from my director.  That's why I was so surprised to see an Email from a director which admits they need to make some investments and spend some money.  Where are the Emails from the other directors? 

When my brother ran for State Representative in 2008 I typed in the zip codes on QRZ for the communities his district represented and we mailed a letter to all those with amateur licenses which stated his brother (me) was an amateur radio operator and my brother was familiar with the problems facing our hobby.  Nobody with an R next to their name won any elections up and down the East Coast that year so there is no telling if it helped or not.

I think what happens in most charitable organizations is the CEO runs the day-to-day operations and all the other non-paid positions just fall into line and don't rock the boat. What's needed in any non-profit organization are people who are not afraid to hold an opinion different from the manager's position and who are not afraid to let their differing opinions known.

Two days before Sweepstakes around November 15th I was about 5 or 6 days behind in my LoTW confirmations and I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell they'd clear out the Sweepstakes confirmations before they got hit with the CQWW uploads.  To my surprise they did get out most of the SS confirmations but I think they had to play some games to do so.  Maybe the SS files got moved to the front and the common files were delayed or lost.

The delay has actually got longer than before SS.  It has now been 9 days since CQWW ended and I have yet to receive a confirmation for any QSO dated on the 26th or later.

What we really need is a Whistleblower (and I normally don't like them but this is not national defense we're talking about) to tell us what is actually going on.

Chris/NU1O

Dave Norris K5UZ is a fine gentleman and my club, the Magnolia DX Association helped to elect Dave as Director of the Delta Division... because we knew that Dave would stay engaged with the DX community as he is one of us. With K5UR Rick as Executive VP, the DX community will be in good hands for some time to come. I appreciate your kind words for Dave and I will forward your comments to him.

George K5JZ
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:25 AM »

Quote from: NU1Olink=topic=86250.msg637878#msg637878 date=1354697395

Chris/NU1O

5X1NH  11/27  Processed 12/3 18Z
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: December 05, 2012, 05:56:04 AM »

Quote from: NU1Olink=topic=86250.msg637878#msg637878 date=1354697395

My last confirmed QSO is on the 21st, of Nov...  Odd, as I have a few in the stack, accepted by LoTW.  I have been able to upload, and get confirms of the upload with the normal 3 to 4 day delay.  However, as you noted, no QSO confirmations though...

73's
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:01:11 AM by NK7Z » Logged

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: December 05, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »

OMG! FINALLY!

My little 4 QSO file got processed.

And I had to wait a half a month to get PY0/S confirmed! This is unheard of - 20 years ago!  Grin

(I am afraid to resend my CQWW log, I might break something.  Grin)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: December 05, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »

Today is the 10th day since my latest LoTW QSL on 11/25.  I'm still getting some QSLs from SS and CQWW, plus some things from 2011.

Chris/NU1O
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2012, 05:45:19 PM »

Lately, my "Most Recent QSLs" is showing old qsl's I have from years ago, and my QSL records count has been a constant.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: