Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW  (Read 58007 times)
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »

NU4B wrote:
I uploaded on 11/22 after I worked PT0S and then again after the CQWWCW contest on the 26th. Neither is showing. I'm not so surprised about the 26th upload - but the 22nd upload isn't showing and I noticed PT0S has uploaded on the 26th.

Does anybody know if there is a way to check if I'm still in the queue? Or should I just send in the missing upload again?

Larry, I'm still waiting for a one QSO upload made on 11/22 to appear in my LoTW QSO list.  The last QSO in my list was uploaded on 11/20 and processed on 11/24.

I think this may have been mentioned before in this discussion, but a good way to see which uploads have been accepted by the system is to click "Your Account" on the main page, then click on "your Activity" at the left.  However, there doesn't seem to be a way for us to check files that have been uploaded, but not yet processed. That's where the waiting seems to take place. 

So far, all of my uploaded files seem to have gotten through, and a couple of times that I repeated an upload, I was embarrassed to find a warning of a "duplicate QSO record" under "Your Activity."

The good news about the system is, that once your QSO's are processed and you do get QSL's, the applications are processed as quickly as ever.  I made a small application this past Friday (when I'm sure ARRL staff were off work), and it was processed already yesterday morning.

Chuck  NI0C   
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2012, 04:57:07 AM »

I uploaded on 11/22 after I worked PT0S and then again after the CQWWCW contest on the 26th. Neither is showing. I'm not so surprised about the 26th upload - but the 22nd upload isn't showing and I noticed PT0S has uploaded on the 26th.

Does anybody know if there is a way to check if I'm still in the queue? Or should I just send in the missing upload again?

I haven't had any problems in the past.

The thing is, all you know is that one of the PT0S uploads was actually processed on the 26th. Who knows how long that file was sitting in the queue. The wording on the LoTW site is very misleading.

I would give it a few more days before sending anything you already sent.
KC8LTL

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2012, 05:10:47 AM »

All I know is that the log I uploaded on 9 Nov still hasn't been processed.  This sounds like there are major problems they are not acknowledging.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2012, 05:13:48 AM »

Hmmmm, interesting guys.
The note on LoTW left on the 26th says:

"Nov 26, 2012: LoTW Log Processing is About 4 Days Behind -- The system is processing log data a little slower than usual, but is working.  Now that CQWW CW is over we expect a large number of logs to flow through the system.  Thanks for your patience and for using LoTW."

I guess we wait a couple more days, but I would think our 11/22 uploads would have been processed by now if they were 4 days behind. Which is not a problem, I was just worried my upload file got lost. And since a new one was involved, well you know how it goes... I'm all about patience... until its my new one.  Grin
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2012, 07:23:29 AM »

I also thought that a couple of my uploads had been lost, but they just chugged out
this morning with a QSL for PT0S (input the 20th) after 7 days and a QSO for AH0I
(input the 19th) after 8 days.   This is surely slower than normal but there is no indication that uploads are being lost. 

Of course the CLUB LOG online log is so much faster that everything else seems glacial.
It is sooo nice to see one's call in a log the same day you make the contact (often
sooner) so you don't have to make a bunch of insurance dupes.
Be thankful for what you get and "don't worry, be happy"
Allen KA5N
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:38 AM »

Found on the LOTW mail list:

===CUT===
The Delta Division Director's update this morning addressed LOTW.  Here is part of what Dave, K5UZ had to say.  Hopefully you are getting the same news from your representatives.

"At last week's Administration and Finance Committee
meeting, staff was authorized to replace the old magnetic drives with
faster digital units.  The change-over and upgrade will take a few
weeks as staff wants to 1.)keep the old units for back-up data and 2.)
Allow for systems testing and comparison. This process should take
approximately eight weeks; therefore I now pose the question:  Isn't
it time for a software upgrade to go along with the new LOTW hardware?
Please let your Director know what you think on this issue as it
certainly is an opportune time to get this fine membership service
adjusted and running the way it should!" 
===CUT===

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

So they replaced the old hard drives with SSDs.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still have problems. It doesn't seem like a hardware issue.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2012, 09:33:54 AM »

Who knows how long that file was sitting in the queue. The wording on the LoTW site is very misleading.

QSL.  I had a confirmation processed on 11/24, but the uploads on both ends were probably 7 days ago (or more).  The danger with their way of wording it is that people will re-upload a lot of data that is still in the queue thinking it did not take.  

I am still waiting for uploads to be processed that happened a lot more than just 4 days ago...
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Replacing spinning iron with SSDs may be a great idea for short-term performance improvements, but one of the big downsides of SSDs are that they have a finite write capability. Over the long term I have to wonder if they're prepared for more frequent drive failures. This definitely strikes me as a chewing gum and bailing wire approach to database/hardware administration.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:05 AM »

They could solve all of this by moving the whole thing to the cloud. No hardware to worry about and scale up/down as needed. For contest time, for example, they could scale all the way up. During low periods they scale down. Saves $$.

K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2012, 11:34:13 AM »

I just did a "find call" search to see what LoTW says is the last time I uploaded.  Here is the result:

Last upload for K9AIM: 2012-11-24 08:47:54Z

That is the last time I had a confirmation of something I had uploaded well before Nov. 24...
I am sure it is off just as much when it comes to suggesting when PT0S last uploaded...

which makes me a little less apprehensive about seeing confirmation for my Nov 20th PT0S contact sometime in the future...
K4BNC

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2012, 02:09:36 PM »

The LOTW page says 4 days for processing.  That matches just what I experienced.  A log that I uploaded on 11/22 was processed on 11/26.  It did contain PT0S contacts from 11/21 that were confirmed.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »

The LOTW page says 4 days for processing.  That matches just what I experienced.  A log that I uploaded on 11/22 was processed on 11/26

You are lucky, mine was uploaded on 21 Nov 2012 and I am still waiting!

Mark N1UK
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2012, 04:44:42 PM »

A file I uploaded on the 24'th at 9:00 AM just got processed today at 7:00 PM.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »

ARRL update"

http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-s-logbook-of-the-world-bug-fix-is-on-the-way

Apparently some logs in queue were lost?
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 24 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: