Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOTW down again  (Read 4402 times)
N6ORB

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 02:30:51 PM »

"I'm looking at my TU2T QSL card, then the LoTW Received Box in my log, then my TU2T card...."

I'm looking at the blank spot in my album where I should have a TU2T card by now. Then I'm looking at the four bands checked on LOTW for TN2T.

Guess which one I'm happier about.

Dave
N6ORB
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »

"I'm looking at my TU2T QSL card, then the LoTW Received Box in my log, then my TU2T card...."

I'm looking at the blank spot in my album where I should have a TU2T card by now. Then I'm looking at the four bands checked on LOTW for TN2T.

Guess which one I'm happier about.

Dave
N6ORB

Ouch! Its coming. As I noted earlier on the TU2T thread mine just came today - it took 6 weeks from the time it was mailed on Dec. 22. I don't know why some expeditions take so long to upload to LoTW. I would think we should be getting beyond that. When you have expeditions like YK9G and VP6T uploading while they are still on expedition (and many others within days of returning home), its seems to be rather difficult to explain what a 6 month (or more) delay is about.

Any TN verification is exciting!  Grin Congrats on the QSOs.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

It's true that eQSL is useless for LoTW but they are accepted for WAZ, which by any measure is more difficult than DXCC to achieve.
I guess I should discount the 12 CQ Zones that I recently had credited using only eQSL confirmations?

Well, Pete, to be honest, this information about CQ taking eQSL makes me think a good bit less of my WAZ award, which hangs on the wall here in Florida. Yes, WAZ IS tougher than DXCC, for sure, but if ANY of the WAZ awards were sent out for "bogus"  Angry QSLs on eQSL, then I dont think its as tough a chore as I used to think.  BTW, I sent my DXCC info to CW for my WAZ award.

I certainly am NOT hinting that you or anyone would do such a thing, but everyone is not as honest and ethical as some of us.... The "funny" QSLs are why I got the hell off of eQSL.

I would never ever believe that some "funny" QSOs were not used for someones WAZ award. BUT, I guess we will never know....  Huh  73 es gud DX, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:15:16 PM by AF3Y » Logged
N7VEA

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 06:33:14 PM »

" Now if they could work something out with the IOTA people....."

There's a great thought!  That, added to the CQ awards and ARRL awards, would pretty much make it a "must have" tool for a majority of hams.  Yes, paper is like CW and it will never go away... but have you ever added up what it would cost to complete USA-CA?  Yikes!

73, Bill N7VEA

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:23 AM »

Bam! I got Pitcairn, Congo, and Zimbabwe confirmed this week!
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »

And speaking of which, TN2T uploaded their logs to LoTW this afternoon, just 2 or 3 days after the operation finished. W00t.

Great, another card I don't have to fool with. Someday they'll all be like this.

Not at my station, brother....Never!..... Roll Eyes
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

And speaking of which, TN2T uploaded their logs to LoTW this afternoon, just 2 or 3 days after the operation finished. W00t.

Great, another card I don't have to fool with. Someday they'll all be like this.

Not at my station, brother....Never!..... Roll Eyes

QSL cards and LoTW are not an xor. There's nothing to lose by uploading. Request a card if the DX doesn't use LoTW. Request one if they do just because you want one. But wouldn't it be nice to have the LoTW verification in hand instead of sweating while you wait for a card? How many times have you asked whether others have received a card and been told that the LoTW confirmations were already in? Enough times that you've become irritated enough to tell them to stop. LoTW is just another tool. Isn't the point of the exercise to confirm the DX? Why not use every option?
K5JZ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 03:08:18 AM »

Having been a Ham for 40 years and at age 57 I have seen a lot of Ham Radio in my time. I have boxes of my QSL cards going back to the early 70's. I seldom if ever go through them or look at them. They used to be of great importance to me but now I just as soon have an LOTW confirmation as the card.

I have buried almost all of my Elmers and I have donated some of their cards to collectors but most of their cards went into a land fill when they died. Only those with Hams in their family had any attachment for the cards... or for their stations for that matter.

LOTW is a marvelous thing, especially with the economy as it is today. I still QSL to those that do not use LOTW (that I need or that send a card to me) and for cards that I really want... like HK0NA where I have a good friend operating from there now. YMMV etc.

George k5JZ
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 07:51:20 AM »

QSL cards and LoTW are not an xor. There's nothing to lose by uploading. Request a card if the DX doesn't use LoTW. Request one if they do just because you want one. But wouldn't it be nice to have the LoTW verification in hand instead of sweating while you wait for a card? How many times have you asked whether others have received a card and been told that the LoTW confirmations were already in? Enough times that you've become irritated enough to tell them to stop. LoTW is just another tool. Isn't the point of the exercise to confirm the DX? Why not use every option?

Here here!!  I upload to both LoTW and eQSL.  I do it as a courtesy to those that use one or the other...  It costs nothing, and saves a bunch of money with regards to QSL printing, and postage!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: