Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inrad Filters  (Read 570 times)
AK4RL

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:34:42 PM »

I do not know what is wrong with the people at Inrad Filters but I cannot get them to answer the phone, return a phone call or answer an email.  Can anyone help me with two questions. The first is how many pins does the Inrad Filter # 110 have.  I found the filter that I had pulled from my Icom 746 (non-Pro) when I sold it serveral years ago.  The filter has two pins, one at each end on the same side with a small bolt and nut in the center between the two pins.  On the opposite side from the two pins is a solder spot across from the small bolt.  No pin, just a solder spot.  Is this the proper amount of pins for this filter?

My second question is about their filter for the Kenwood TS-2000.  It states that the filter must be wired in, not dropped in.  Is this a difficult filter to install.  My old 70 year old arthritic hands cannot do much with small solder jobs now.  Has anyone reading this installed this filter and how difficult is it?  Also does it improve the reception and selectivity of the Kenwood TS-2000?

TNX and 73,

Ray AK4RL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: