Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LDG Electronics  (Read 9185 times)
N4WSH

Ignore
« on: November 09, 2012, 11:40:10 AM »

I called LDG about 5 times now only to get a recorded, "we will call you back message"  I called them about 2 weeks ago and it took 6 days for them to call me back.  Anyone heard anything about them as far as changes made in their company, etc...?  I called them about a year or so ago and they were very quick to respond, and in fact the two times I did call someone answered the phone and I never had to leave a message.
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 01:27:48 PM »

I do not understand your problem. I called LDG a few days ago and left a message. It was a minor technical question about there S9 antenna which I just installed. I received a call the following business day. I received a complete answer to my question. I was about to post a glowing report about this company. I bought there antenna. It was shipped ASAP The free UNUN was shipped within week. I would highly recommended this company and would not hesitate to do business with them in the future. I do not understand your inability to contact them.

73s

K2OWK
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:35 PM »

I called them once, and got a live person.
N4WSH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 08:21:32 PM »

This is the first time I have ever had issues with them too.  I was just wondering if something may have changed.  New owner, closed up for a few weeks, etc...
WA2OLZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:45:08 AM »

LDG is is coastal Maryland. Hurricane Sandy may have something to do with the issue you had last week.
N4WSH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »

LDG is is coastal Maryland. Hurricane Sandy may have something to do with the issue you had last week.

Aha, that is probably it, thanks!
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »

I called them several time & NEVER got a return call.I emailed them & got a crappy reply as if it was a problem for them.I love their products but they could use some SERIOUS HELP in their customer service.POOR ATTITUDES like they are doing you a favor.I will NEVER purchase another product from them should the AT-1000 fail again I will buy another brand because of their lack of customer service alone! The tuner lasted almost 8 years or so before it failed getting someone to communicate with was a pain that I will leave for someone else in the future.Just got it back yesterday after being gone for 5 weeks plus & it's working for now anyway.They will kill their customer base because of their lack of customer service in the end.

CLAYTON
W4KVW
WB4IVF

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »

LDG is a small operation and I believe the owners, Dwayne and Jennifer, handle the customer service themselves, so they could just be overwhelmed by the volume of emails.  I browse the Yahoo LDG group from time to time and Dwayne seems to be pretty responsive to customer questions.  As I mentioned in my review of the AT-1000ProII, my tuner was damaged by a nearby lightning strike in June.  I sent the tuner to LDG per their posted instructions, and a couple weeks later got an email from Jennifer stating that they could not repair the tuner, along with an offer for a new tuner at a big discount, which I gratefully accepted.  A little over a week after the acceptance I received notification that the new tuner had shipped.  So I think they treated me very well even if the emails were a little sparse.  For what its worth, if you need a quick reply to a question, you might get it faster via the Yahoo group than phone calls or emails. 

Howard
WB4IVF
WA2OLZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »

I called them several time & NEVER got a return call.I emailed them & got a crappy reply as if it was a problem for them.I love their products but they could use some SERIOUS HELP in their customer service.POOR ATTITUDES like they are doing you a favor.I will NEVER purchase another product from them should the AT-1000 fail again I will buy another brand because of their lack of customer service alone! The tuner lasted almost 8 years or so before it failed getting someone to communicate with was a pain that I will leave for someone else in the future.Just got it back yesterday after being gone for 5 weeks plus & it's working for now anyway.They will kill their customer base because of their lack of customer service in the end.

CLAYTON
W4KVW

Another thread back from the dead!

99.9% of reviewers arethrilled with the company. Sorry your experience differed.
WA7SGS

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:13 PM »

CLAYTON
W4KVW

Like you Clayton, I also ran across an attitude problem from LDG and it was over why my tuner did not do a good job of tuning with my antenna.  Next time around I'll go get an old fashioned built like a battleship big variable capacitors tuner to make my antennas get a signal out!  LDG might as well be MFJ (Mighty Fine Junk) is my POV these days.

Rick
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »

I called LDG about 5 times now only to get a recorded, "we will call you back message"  I called them about 2 weeks ago and it took 6 days for them to call me back.  Anyone heard anything about them as far as changes made in their company, etc...?  I called them about a year or so ago and they were very quick to respond, and in fact the two times I did call someone answered the phone and I never had to leave a message.
I have had occasion to contact LDG two times now, and each time, they either returned my call, or spoke to me live.  I am impressed with LDG, and their customer support.  You might try again, and once you get someone, explain to them the problem you have had...  This sounds VERY UNLIKE LDG.

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KF6TIL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 02:22:46 AM »

I called LDG the other day to get information about one of their antenna tuners.  Duane answered the phone and was very helpful and honest.  I would have no problem doing business with them.
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »

MFJ = Mississippi's Finest Jewel.

CLAYTON
W4KVW

Like you Clayton, I also ran across an attitude problem from LDG and it was over why my tuner did not do a good job of tuning with my antenna.  Next time around I'll go get an old fashioned built like a battleship big variable capacitors tuner to make my antennas get a signal out!  LDG might as well be MFJ (Mighty Fine Junk) is my POV these days.

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: