The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF Concepts...  (Read 2748 times)
K0RS

Ignore
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »

...the Alpha amp folks.  Took a trip to Longmont, CO yesterday to pick up my 89 which was in hospital for the first time in 25 years.  A self-induced problem.  I tried a spare set of tubes in it, and apparently one had a short (even after ohming out OK) and took out the HV.  My bad.  The tubes in the amp are the originals and after 25 years they could stand a  refresh, right?  Nope, the Alpha tech says the tubes probably have another 15 years left in them!

Anyway, these folks have customer service second to none.  Time to talk and offer good advice.  Imagine a company that works on 25 year old product.  Yes, their products are expensive, but consider what it is worth to deal with people that stand behind their products.  Thanks to RF Concepts for great service!
WA2ASB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 06:48:50 PM »

As I think I mentioned elsewhere: these people are top-notch.  I ordered a 9500 and had them hold it for me until I got back to the USA from India.  Later after arriving, I ordered their 4510A wattmeter.  Before it came in, they posted on their web-site a special promotion that if you ordered a 9500 you would get the 4510A free.  Well, I ordered too early.  When the wattmeter arrived, I looked at the invoice and the price was $0.  They didn't have to do that, but they now have my unending allegiance.  That is a real class act.  Now if they would just get the 4040 tuner done and shipped. Wink 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: