Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 40609 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »

How can that be?Huh??  The log is showing that I am in the log for a 17m CW contact, obviously prior to the log close of 1057Z today.  My QSO was at 2004z today........

OK, OK, WHICH one of you guys felt sorry for me and used my Callsign? FESS UP!

Beats me, but I cannot claim any QSO before the one this afternoon, as I have no time, etc.

STRANGE.......... Very Strange.....

OH CRAP........!  When it updates again, I will not know if my REAL 17m QSO is in the log or not.  OH NO...... I have to try to work them AGAIN......... OH NO.... Shocked

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:14:16 PM by AF3Y » Logged
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2012, 01:00:47 PM »

Chris:

I have my 2 x 15m Contacts missing. I talked to a fw others today and their 15m contacts are not posted. Perhaps we have all worked the same station/laptop and just missed getting his logs. I am sure it will work out in the end.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

BOTH of my 15 meter QSOs are missing.  I heard him say my call as if he were in the room with me.  
I hope you are right, Mike.  Is there a pilot to write to or do we just wait or (God forbid) work them again?  

Addendum:

Mike, at least you have them worked on other bands.  I have had similar problems with other rare DXpeditions and in the end my QSOs showed up but this is the last thing I wanted to experience. It's very disappointing!

Chris/NU1O
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:11:58 PM by NU1O » Logged
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »

Of course...

They are/were quite strong here on 17m CW, when
LO and BEHOLD...time to QSY to 160 for JA.
I have been calling them for HOURS.

Why, of course lets go to 160 !
There is NO ONE on 17 trying to get thru
and apparently, they only have ONE STATION !

#$%^&*()!@#$%&^&*(

THANX !
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »

Earlier this am they were jumping around between 12 and 15.  One thing I noticed was that there weren't many EU stations working them.  On the cluster one Russian station reported they weren't hearing them at all.  I guess propagation was favorable to NA and not to EU. Shocked
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

Chris:

I have my 2 x 15m Contacts missing. I talked to a fw others today and their 15m contacts are not posted. Perhaps we have all worked the same station/laptop and just missed getting his logs. I am sure it will work out in the end.

73 De Mike
VE3YF

BOTH of my 15 meter QSOs are missing.  I heard him say my call as if he were in the room with me.  
I hope you are right, Mike.  Is there a pilot to write to or do we just wait or (God forbid) work them again?  

Addendum:

Mike, at least you have them worked on other bands.  I have had similar problems with other rare DXpeditions and in the end my QSOs showed up but this is the last thing I wanted to experience. It's very disappointing!

Chris/NU1O

Both of you are in the log on 15m. Musta added another update after you looked.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »

KB3LIX wrote:
They are/were quite strong here on 17m CW, when
LO and BEHOLD...time to QSY to 160 for JA.
I have been calling them for HOURS.

Why, of course lets go to 160 !
There is NO ONE on 17 trying to get thru
and apparently, they only have ONE STATION !

The primary focus of this expedition is the low bands, especially 160m.  If you read the updates on their website, you will learn that the JA's have not yet been successful in getting through on Top Band.  Maybe now is their chance, with the A and K indices dropping, the sun setting at PT0 and rising in JA.  I think they have three stations.  They are supposed to be there for about another week, so your chances for a QSO are still excellent.

GL & 73,
Chuck  NI0C   
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: November 14, 2012, 02:17:08 PM »

Chris:

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Tom:

Thanks for the update. I wasn't really worried, things usually work themselves out. Now if I could get them on RTTY, that would make my day. I have only seen them sporatically on RTTY. Oh well lots of time left...Tnx Agn...

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Addendum:

Chris/NU1O

VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

Chris:

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Addendum:

Chris/NU1O

Tom:

Thanks for the update. I wasn't really worried, things usually work themselves out. Now if I could get them on RTTY, that would make my day. I have only seen them sporatically on RTTY. Oh well lots of time left...Tnx Agn...

73 De Mike
VE3YF
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: November 14, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »

So far none of my contacts have shown up (20, 15 & 10 CW)I workrd them again today on 12 CW & SSB, 10 CW and 17 CW. I'll wait and see if any of these get in their log but the way this expedtion has gone so far I won't be surprised if none are there. I have a feeling that alot of hams that worked them are not going to make it in their log and thats a shame.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »

As I feared, my 160 isn't there. 3 nights and a fortune in electric bills down the drain, plus they have me credited for 12m CW, which I did NOT make.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2012, 02:41:37 PM »

Chris:

73 De Mike
VE3YF

Addendum:

Mike, at least you have them worked on other bands.  I have had similar problems with other rare DXpeditions and in the end my QSOs showed up but this is the last thing I wanted to experience. It's very disappointing!

Chris/NU1O

Tom,

Thanks a bunch for post.  That's a big relief.  Now I can forget about PT0S unless I feel like adding some bands.

I think I will celebrate with an Italian strawberry liquer somebody gave me as a gift and maybe watch a James Bond movie I have seen 50 times.  Tis a boring life I lead.

Chris/NU1O

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:44:07 PM by NU1O » Logged
HA5X

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »

Addendum:

Chris/NU1O

Hi Chris,

Yes, there is a pilot you can write to. You have just done that Smiley

Please re-check if your 15m contacts are now in log.

You have to understand that the internet access on the rocks is very limited and unreliable. The high speed internet they planned to use is currently unavailable, and they have to resort to an Iridium satellite phone, which gives them a full 2.4 kbit (yes, kilo!). Also, this 2.4 kbps is very unreliable. We get small bits of the logs in the ADIF format, then we consolidate them here in Europe before uploading to the logsearch and LoTW.  On their shoestring internet the transfer often stalls in the middle of a 100 kilobyte file, therefore it is sent again... so some of the bits are here several times, while some bits hardly ever get through. Today we finally got nearly 10k QSOs, so we decided not to hinder things any longer and upload what we had, even if it was not complete. A few hours later a relatively small portion that was still missing finally came through and we added that immediately.

As for LoTW, all the QSOs that we have in the logsearch have also been uploaded to LoTW. We have been informed by ARRL earlier today that currently there is a three day backlog on their system, meaning your LoTW credits might not appear immediately.

We are sorry for all the above inconvenience, most of these difficulties are beyond our control. I suggest you follow updates on the PT0S.com website and/or the PT0S news mailing list where we try to keep you informed.  

We truly appreciate all feedback, information or questions, which we try to reply as quickly as possible.

73 / GL  and have (more) fun chasing PT0S.

Chris, WW1WWW (webmaster/pilot of PT0S)    also HA5X / HA5XA / M0XXA
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2012, 03:12:24 PM »

Earlier this am they were jumping around between 12 and 15.  One thing I noticed was that there weren't many EU stations working them.  On the cluster one Russian station reported they weren't hearing them at all.  I guess propagation was favorable to NA and not to EU. Shocked

From what I've read elsewhere it seems like the Russians are getting shortchanged on this one.  I do not like all the band hopping either and I wish they'd spend more time on 10 and 20 meters but they announced from the start that 160 and 80 would be their top priorities with special emphasis on 160 for Japan.  We may not like the rules but they get to make them up and the team size was imposed on them by the Brazilian officials.  I'm just happy to have had the chance to work an ATNO and I hope their stay and return trip is safe. They are on a dangerous island with very little space.  This is no "Holiday" expedition by a long shot.

Chris/NU1O
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2012, 03:21:52 PM »

Hi Chris,

Yes, there is a pilot you can write to. You have just done that Smiley

Please re-check if your 15m contacts are now in log.
Chris, WW1WWW (webmaster/pilot of PT0S)    also HA5X / HA5XA / M0XXA

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.  My QSOs did show up in the online log. I am not concerned with my LoTW credits showing up in days.  Usually we wait from six months to a year for an expedition of this kind to upload to LoTW.

I am following their updates on the PT0S site and I know they are working under extremely difficult and dangerous circumstances. I would not want to trade places with any of the OPs on SPSP!

Best 73,

Chris/NU1O
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »

They are so strong on 40M CW now. When I worked them 3 days ago in the middle of the night (very early morning  Angry ), they were a few s-units above the noise level. Now it is like they are a few hundred miles away  Smiley, not out in the ocean!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
Pages: Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: