Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 45758 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: November 20, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »

I really wish i understood the propagation better. The band (10meters) is generally closed at night. Last night was no exception. I am not even sure what made me listen there. He 9pt0s) was fading in and out and working the US at a good rate. I was shocked he even heard me and think he was a little surprised also..

73 marc hs0zju

Hi Marc

http://www.voacap.com/prediction.html

Try this site and check the Long Path option on the right.
You can get long path propagation because of the long days in the Southern Hemisphere at this time of the year--opposite our short days--so you are shooting your signal along the mostly illuminated path.

Even so, that is a really good contact with a very low probability of propagation.  Congratulations!

Zack W1VT
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »

Hi:

This could be my lucky day, just got home from work to find PT0S on 20m RTTY. He got my call ok but dropped down a couple hundred hz and time I found him my QRG was being clobbered by callers. Did I get him or not...I dont expect a log update till sometime tomorrow, so I will keep pressing for a RTTY contact to be on the safe side. So if I steal another contact from someone, I apologize now...Better to be safe than sorry...

73 De Mike
VE3YF
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

Simply incredible. I just finished reading an e-mail, from Bernie, in which he resent George's response. I am constantly amazed that people can be so petty and self-centered.

Have you been off the air the last 20 years? "petty and self-centered" are some peoples' strong traits.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »

My 20m RTTY Q is still missing from the on-line log.
So I got them again on 20 rtty today.
Now to see if this one makes the log.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2012, 01:49:11 PM »

I think Krish said it exactly right above...... 4 IRON MEN.  Keeping 2 or 3 stations QRV 24/7 for a couple weeks under hellish conditions and little rest/sleep is beyond belief.  George and Tomi are both used to being QRV in isolated places, just the two of them, but that sure does not make this one any easier. The other two ops are hanging tough as well, and I am sure that George will have nothing but praise for the entire crew when they return from this succesful expedition.
WELL DONE GUYS, and a big THANKS from AF3Y Cool

73, Gene
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »

Check your LoTW, mine shows an upload from them already!

I'll be chipping them a few bucks stat!
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »

For anybody who still needs them on 160m, they're louder than I've ever heard them this evening (Tuesday) and the pile is relatively light.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
W9KEY

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »

Now I just have to wait and see if I'm in the log.

Gary, ES1WST

Anyone know how often the log has been getting updated?  I know it is pretty amazing they are even there and operating and that instantaneous log uploading is not a huge priority, but I was fortunate enough to work them yesterday afternoon (on 10 meter SSB) and cannot wait to see if I am in the log.  I was doubting I would be able to work these guys.  I wish they would spend more time on 40m CW, but appreciate that my priorities will not necessarily be theirs LOL
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

I've got them on 6 bands from my little suburban QTH.  The piles are indeed lighter and I gote them on one call on 10 the other day.  For those of you "hibernating", now is your chance....
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »

I've got them on 6 bands from my little suburban QTH.  The piles are indeed lighter and I gote them on one call on 10 the other day.  For those of you "hibernating", now is your chance....

Yes indeed,
the pileups must be diminishing.
Last night on 80m CW, he was calling for JA's for about 1/2 hour.
He then asked for anybody.
Took about a dozen calls, but he heard me.
I checked their log today, no update recently.

Now I'm lookin for 2 to show up.

I REALLY wanted to get them on 80m.
I have been working oin 5bdxcc.
The only band that is not complete is 80m.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »

The word over the grapevine is that they might stay on the rocks a few days longer and will also participate in the
CW contest this weekend. So that 80m cw contact may not be a big deal.

Krish
w4vku
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »

The word over the grapevine is that they might stay on the rocks a few days longer and will also participate in the

Krish
w4vku

They have been listed as a participant on the NG3K page for quite sometime. It seemed they got a late start and were going to extend past the 22nd, BUT with operating conditions I was wondering if they were going to make it to the contest. These guys are real troopers!
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2012, 11:07:57 AM »

Krish
w4vku

They have been listed as a participant on the NG3K page for quite sometime. It seemed they got a late start and were going to extend past the 22nd, BUT with operating conditions I was wondering if they were going to make it to the contest. These guys are real troopers!

Since they are "Hitching a ride", they have to wait for the next boat.  Dont know when that will be. They came out on a fishing boat.
 I still dont have em on 80, so I hope they are there a little longer.
 73, Gene AF3Y
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »

From their website:

"We are aiming to stay for the CQWW contest but that is not sure yet at all. More navy activities are planned in the coming days and we will need additional permission to stay during the weekend. Otherwise, we may go QRT as soon as Friday, Nov 23.

George, AA7JV
"

As others have posted, I have several confirmed on LOTW already, one of those being my 160m qso. Only 63 to go.  Tongue

Hope those that ain't got'em, get 'em. Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:19:32 AM by N5MOA » Logged
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »

Krish
w4vku

I still dont have em on 80, so I hope they are there a little longer.

And to think I'm just hoping I'm in the next log update.  Embarrassed

Congrats, Gene, and good luck on 80.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: