Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 36020 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2012, 03:32:31 PM »

I also noticed the 15M QSOs were missing--I checked a few spots around my QSO and they were missing as well. But, iit is not unusual for logs to be missing Qs when first put up--I decided to wait.  Sure enough, my QSO is in the log now.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 03:40:32 PM by W1VT » Logged
4O4A

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »

We truly appreciate all feedback, information or questions, which we try to reply as quickly as possible.

Chris, thanks for your efforts and thanks to whole team down there. I hope they will stay safe and have a safe trip back home.

With all those terrorists on their TX frequency it would be good if team can pay attention on how pile up is responding: if things are not going smoothly that usually means that somebody is jamming TX frequency. Tell the guys simply to move 300-500 kHz up or down. T30PY team did great job with that, making any intentional QRMing meaningless.

Rather unusual approach with frequent change of calling areas (Asia, Pac, JA, etc...) but, hey, at least nobody can say that they didn't give a chance to everybody and my compliments for that.

Yes, it seems that conditions are in favor of NA, at least here in South East Europe.
However, it is possible to work them even from stamp size backyard and appropriate antennas.
The best signal is on 15M, very good on 40M, surprisingly quiet on 20M.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »

Finally got 'em. I have only been listening for a few minutes at a time, only long enough to know that I have no interest in jumping into the mess. But when they were spotted on 17m phone a short time ago they were still working simplex. Then he said he was listening up and quickly there were callers up 5 and 10. Given the spreads they've been using, I went up 15 while it was still quiet. He came back to me on my second or third call. I'm done with this one as soon as I (hopefully) see myself in the log. Good luck to all.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »

My 80m cw Q is missing. Must have been busted. Will try again
since the opportunity to work em exists versus engaging the pilot right now.
A gamble on the outcome either way.

Need a few more slots + RTTY and will shut down and pray
for the team's safety and for the rest that are still chasing em.

Oh, someone reminded of chiraz. I had to get one of those after that
40m SSB mess to cool down. Grin

73s
krish
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

Well, the DXing gods were on my side.  I was just able to snag them on 40 CW for an ATNO.  I was VERY lucky, as I just called a couple of times before getting a response.  Definitely, no skill this time, pure unadulterated blind luck.... but I'll take it!

73 de Jim - KE8G
AJ8MH

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »

They're back...  PT0S was on 40 CW tonight and again was the focus of malicious interference.  Another sad example of radio today.  It's still a great hobby, but the ranks are quickly filling with people who have simply lost it.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2012, 04:20:09 PM »

They were easy on 40 CW and 17 SSB this evening. 160s another story. They just showed up now and are dramatically weaker than the last 3 nights. More in the noise here than above it unfortunately.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »

I was able to work them through all that 40m cw jamming tonight.  They are doing a great job and very loud on 17m ssb right now.

I made it into the 160m log, so all that messing around with the multiband half wave sloper paid off.

73 Mark N1UK
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2012, 04:50:32 PM »

My 80m cw Q is missing. Must have been busted. ... 73s
krish

Sometimes the log is slow in finding its way to the IT guys who upload the log to the master DB.  Don't fret, wait at least another day.  GL, 73, Rich, K3VAT
WA0CRI

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »

The PT0S operator on 17M CW this afternoon at about 2000 UTC was showing a definite tendency.  When a DX spot was posted up 2.5 KHz I saw a stampede on my spectrum scope to that frequency - creating "bare spots" in the spectrum up frequency.  I moved my transmit frequency up to the first "bare spot", between 5 - 6 KHz and made contact within 30 seconds.  It only makes sense that with such large pileups their operators are trying to avoid the worst of the clutter and locate more discernable calls.  This technique has netted me 5 contacts in 30 minutes of calling.  
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

Both of my contacts are in the log. Whew!  My new-to-me legal limit amp. helped Grin. I will try again when pile ups are smaller.  GL to all.

Jonathan W6GX
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

When a DX spot was posted up 2.5 KHz I saw a stampede on my spectrum scope to that frequency - creating "bare spots" in the spectrum up frequency.  I moved my transmit frequency up to the first "bare spot", between 5 - 6 KHz and made contact within 30 seconds.  It only makes sense that with such large pileups their operators are trying to avoid the worst of the clutter and locate more discernable calls.

Apparently most don't realize that by the time spotted QSXs make thru the cluster system they are ancient history and the the DX has long since moved on.  Good technique to listen and call elsewhere when a spot frequency shows up on the internet.

Worked them on 17m CW this afternoon.  It became much easier when Tomi, HA7RY took over the controls.  He had a definite pattern that was easily spotted, moving up a little after each QSO.  I just dropped my call in a few hundred Hertz above his last QSO and it only took about five calls once I spotted his QSX.

Having a higher A and K index worked to NA's advantage today as the band was poorer to EU.

Hooray, my 160, 80 and 12m QSOs all showed up in the log!
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:15 PM »

Just got him on 80 M CW. I missed his initial coming up, so had to battle the hoard  Smiley! Took more calls than I wanted, but decided to sit down under everyone at a split of +2 KHz and he found me!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2012, 01:44:38 AM »

Looks as if the prop. helped NA for the last day or so, or the piles are just getting smaller.  I nailed em on 40 CW at 0900z this morning. (0400 local, nature does call sometimes!  Roll Eyes )

That is two bands, twice what I wanted, so if both are in the log, I am content to let others have a go at it with at least one less competing call.

73, Gene AF3Y
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2012, 01:50:46 AM »

Almost no pile right now on 30m.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: