Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 47958 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: November 15, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »

Both of my QSOs are confirmed in their log, 40 cw and 17 cw.

PLUS a 17 cw QSO from the 11th that I did not make.  Must be a busted call.

If you have not read the latest update from George Wallner, AA7JV, you need to
go to their site and read it. They are NOT having a vacation getaway down there.
"Catching Hell" daily and nightly would be more like it....  For instance:

"Because of the lack of room, we do not have space to sleep during the day. Because of that, and the daytime workload, we are getting very tired. (I fell asleep at the key on 160 two or three times last night. Sorry if it caused any confusion.)"

They deserve an extra $goodie$ when I do the OQRS thing. I will do the best that
 I can dig up.

73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:01:59 PM by AF3Y » Logged
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2012, 01:15:56 PM »

Yep, that's for sure, I'll be more careful on high speed CW. At the speed they were working I didn't catch it when they came back and that's my bad. .._   . and ..-. is tough to distinguish at high speeds.
GOOD CATCH!!!!!
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: November 15, 2012, 03:15:24 PM »

Busted calls..... on 80M CW I had to repeat my call a few times as he got N5U? /M but kept missing the D. I guess I am glad he stayed with me and I could copy him.
No joy here on the higher bands yet. I have not heard them on the higher except for 17M, and too weak to call. Big pile up up the band.
GLTA Tony N5UD /M
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: November 15, 2012, 03:54:55 PM »

Both of my QSOs are confirmed in their log, 40 cw and 17 cw.

PLUS a 17 cw QSO from the 11th that I did not make.  Must be a busted call.

If you have not read the latest update from George Wallner, AA7JV, you need to
go to their site and read it. They are NOT having a vacation getaway down there.
"Catching Hell" daily and nightly would be more like it....  For instance:

"Because of the lack of room, we do not have space to sleep during the day. Because of that, and the daytime workload, we are getting very tired. (I fell asleep at the key on 160 two or three times last night. Sorry if it caused any confusion.)"

They deserve an extra $goodie$ when I do the OQRS thing. I will do the best that
 I can dig up.

73, Gene AF3Y

Gene:

Went to their webpage and saw pics of their intended site. Nowhere to sleep during the day, I can't really see any place to sleep at night. If I was on the rock, I would be worried about rolling off my air mattress into the drink or even floating away. My hats off to these guys, this definately is no picnic, and they are doing an outstanding job. I will definately do the donation when I go to OQRS..

73 De Mike
VE3YF
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: November 15, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Their signal on 12m is almost non-existant this evening here in Fla. I suppose they might
have antenna problems, by reading their on site reports. I believe they have had to remove
an Rx antenna or two because the Brazilian Navy people had to do some work where the antennas
were attached. They also had to do some maintenance on an antenna or two, due to large waves knocking them over. I hope they have not lost an antenna (or an operator hi hi).

Looks like they were running some RTTY today as well.

73, Gene AF3Y
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

Gene,
 They were on 15m Rtty in the morning. Was a hard one until EU was in darkness and he started to work NA and we
 were able to log em in a few calls.

The 20m was another story. He was there for a short while and then QSY'ed quoting that something was strange
 with prop. He was booming here and many more could have logged him on 20m rtty, but he said he was QSYing
 to 15m. Not a complaint, but just reporting an observation.

Whatever issues they have, i am hoping they are keeping an eye out on their health as well, since they are a long
 way away from home and in the heat of the dxped excitement, things can go down hill.

Krish
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »

Yes they were very loud on 20m rtty this evening. He seemed to be having some trouble with the stability of signals or so he reported and then he qsy'ed to 15m rtty.

Maybe they are taking a well earned rest tonight.

Mark N1UK
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2012, 05:19:18 PM »

This one is becoming a TOUGH-NUT-to-CRACK !
Despite lots and lots of trying.

Maybe I'll get lucky tonight. I plan to stay up
all night if necessary. (can't hurt)
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »

Depends on which bands they are on. This morning, there was no prop on 30m & 20m until it was 5am EST. So do catch
 some sleep Smiley

Krish
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: November 15, 2012, 07:16:55 PM »

Yes they were very loud on 20m rtty this evening. He seemed to be having some trouble with the stability of signals or so he reported and then he qsy'ed to 15m rtty.

Maybe they are taking a well earned rest tonight.

Mark N1UK

PT0S had a nice strong signal on 10 meters this morning but I did notice his XMIT frequency was shifting about 500 Hertz at random, he'd correct the error, the frequency would shift again, repeat, etc.  Eventually he said he was going QRX and when they finally came back their signal was much weaker.  I still only have worked them on 15 meter SSB and CW but, OTOH, I have not spent a lot of hours chasing them.

Gene, AF3Y, with the shorter days now that we are approaching the winter equinox 20 meters closes down much earlier than the summer months. I did manage to work the special event station, JU850DA, last night at 00:46 UTC but were it summer with these solar numbers, the path over the pole would be open until 0300- 0400 UTC and then the path to the Pacific would be open until maybe 0700 and then it reopens at sunrise. BTW, your sunrise is only 6 minutes later than mine but your sun sets 1 whole hour later due to your Florida QTH.  These conditions really illustrate the need for good low band antennas since my Tribander is not usable for about 10 hours a day and then will get shorter. This is the reason I'd like to add a 2 element beam for 30 and 40, and get an  80 meter loop up as high as possible.

I meant to comment on your remarks about Bodega Bay and Hitchcock filming "The Birds" there.  The scenery was very nice as almost all Hitchcock films are noted for the wonderful scenery and it was a scary movie for a 12 year old, which was how old I was when I watched it on some late night movie channel on a weekend night.  It is not my favorite Hitchcock film, I think that would be "The Third Man" or "North by North West" but Tippi Hedren was a real doll.  One of the "icy blondes" Hitch loved to use in his movies.  I have seen web ads for a Hitchcock movie. I think it deals with his direction of the film "Psycho". Imagine what kind of films he would've made had he not had to deal with Hollywood Production Code? Other than channels for baseball, news, and stocks, I easily spend most of my TV time watching "Turner Classic Movies."  They really don't make films the way they used to. Most of what they make today is garbage!  I am beginning to think I am reincarnated or simply born about 3 decades too late!  Wink

Chris/NU1O

N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

That takes care of 80m cw, I'm hittin' the sack.  It's nice to be able to catch them when they first come on for a change.

KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »

F I N A L L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40 CW

Now to see IF it makes the on-line log !
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:27 AM »

Hi:

Just got them on 30cw first call, very weak today. Now I just need that elusive RTTY Contact. I wont be greedy, I will just take one, but seeing that they work RTTY mostly when I am work, I think a couple sick days are in my forecast...

73 De Mike
VE3YF
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »

Just got them on 15. Looks like Sandy walked the beam a bit. They aren't peaking exactly where the rotor readout says they should be.

I haven't tried 160 much but I'll probably try it later or tomorrow night.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2012, 06:45:21 AM »

And I just got them on 10.  Grin

Also heard Chris NU1O afterwards...
Pages: Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: