Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 34169 times)
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: November 17, 2012, 09:56:10 AM »

Took about a hour, but finally got 'em on 15m RTTY.

Their log is up on Clublog also.
K0AP

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »

Took about a hour, but finally got 'em on 15m RTTY.

Their log is up on Clublog also.

I saw your Qso on the monitor and I also got them soon after you did. 5 bands, all 3 modes so far. Can't be happier.

73 Dragan K0AP
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2012, 04:52:19 PM »

I wish they wouldn't keep bumping their transmit dial counterclockwise. I've got a terrible birdie at 10.138.2 and they are heading right for it. Smiley
N1RND

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »

I still don't have them,  a few days left, maybe I will score.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »

Hurry up because they are reporting lots of problems with equipment. Looks like it's not taking too kindly to the salt air. I suspect they may QRT sooner rather than later.
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »

Heard them on 15m earlier and they were loud.  Unfortunately they were only taking calls from VK and ZL, South Pacific only.  I guess Hawaii isn't south enough since were above the equator in the northern hemisphere.  Oh well, keep trying but looks like I won't be getting this dxpedition.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »

I DO NOT believe it !

I decided to take a break from Phone Sweeps, and
figured I would try to find PT0S wherever they may be.

Turns out, they are on 20m RTTY.

Took over an hour because like it has been
since the beginning of this particular venture,
the pile-ups were horrible. Spread out from
14.0815 to over 14.092

But I finally found them...

That makes a whole 2 Q's

40 cw & 20 RTTY...Now for ONE PHONE !

I sure hope they don't pack up their tents and camels
early and head home. I NEED until
wednesday night/thursday morning to get that one more Q.

W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2012, 08:41:34 PM »

You actually beat me in that pileup by about 10 minutes. I saw your Q in my printout. I found them about 20 minutes later just starting up on 20 phone and caught them as soon as they started split.

I'd like to get them on 15 CW and 30 CW just for fun but if I don't make it, no biggie. I do hope they're able to stay QRV until next weekend -- I'd love to work them from Canada with my VE3 call.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »

Heard them on 15m earlier and they were loud.  Unfortunately they were only taking calls from VK and ZL, South Pacific only.  I guess Hawaii isn't south enough since were above the equator in the northern hemisphere.  Oh well, keep trying but looks like I won't be getting this dxpedition.

73, Delwyn KH6DC

Why wouldn't you qualify for South Pacific?  Yes, technically you are 20 degrees north of the equator but would they even know that in the heat of a pileup?  Do they really have a separate call for North Pacific only?  Or Hawaii only and they can work the 10 guys with good enough stations to make the trip?

Just when are you supposed to call them, Delwyn?

Chris/NU1O

KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

You actually beat me in that pileup by about 10 minutes. I saw your Q in my printout. I found them about 20 minutes later just starting up on 20 phone and caught them as soon as they started split.

I'd like to get them on 15 CW and 30 CW just for fun but if I don't make it, no biggie. I do hope they're able to stay QRV until next weekend -- I'd love to work them from Canada with my VE3 call.

Their last day is supposed to be Nov 22, Thanksgiving.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:25 AM »

VK/ZL that is Pacific. I would call them. Next they do that, jump in because they aren't going to say anything when they work you. It wasn't like there was a stampede of VK/ZL calling them.  Go for it.

73 Mark N1UK
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2012, 08:12:53 AM »

Their last day is supposed to be Nov 22, Thanksgiving.

And from the looks of it they may be QRT even sooner, given all of the equipment problems.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2012, 08:15:51 AM »

VK/ZL that is Pacific. I would call them. Next they do that, jump in because they aren't going to say anything when they work you. It wasn't like there was a stampede of VK/ZL calling them.  Go for it.

73 Mark N1UK

I agree, Mark. Delwyn should jump in when they call for VK/ZL otherwise he is restricted to the USA and he really does not fit in with the continental US.

Chris/NU1O

N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

Well I tried and failed on 20 meters. A combination of them jumping around, loads of QRM, lids and cops, ultra wide splits and nice Sunday weather did it for me. Oh well, I have 5 bands. I would have been happy with just ATNO.
N2NL

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

73, Delwyn KH6DC

Delwyn,

I've always taken VK/ZL to mean OC - and I've never gotten chastised for calling when someone is asking for VK/ZL.  As you know, propagation can sometimes be very different from VK to where you (and I) live but sometimes it works in our favor.  Before he left, AA7JV told me to call when they were asking for JA - because I'm closer to Japan than most parts in Australia.  Again, sometimes I get an advantage (LP) but other times I suffer (SP when the JAs are 1500 miles closer).  As an outlier (outside of JA, EU, NA) I've found almost all DXpeditions are happy if I call any time - remember those guys are DXers also so they like getting called by DX as well.  Only difference is when it's a local (OC) DXpedition.  In that case I won't call if they're asking for NA or EU.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL
Pages: Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: