Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 35280 times)
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:09 AM »

Quote from:  [url=http://pt0s.com/logsearch.html
http://pt0s.com/logsearch.html[/url] ]

Total of 1 QSO with K9AIM

There are 37282 QSOs in the Database

Last QSOs in the Database: 0930 UTC 21 November 2012

woohoo!
i know it always gets easier near the end, but I was kind of worried about getting this one given the size of the pileups
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »

Their website mentions that they be able to stick around for the CQWW. Decision is not theirs though, but all indications are they will be around till at least Friday. Updated log has my yesterday RTTY contact, so I am a happy camper and also worked them this morning on 17CW/SSB, but didnt make the log update deadline of 0930, but still a happy camper. Just waiting for 10/12 CW and the 160m contact which I will try tonight. Missed the opportunity last night, but every thing is ready for another attempt at 160. GL to all.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2012, 11:59:41 AM »

They apparently just did an on-line log update.

My record shows:
40 CW
80 CW
20 RTTY

Now to get just ONE phone...Fat Chance !
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »

Of course my QSO would be in the NEXT update. Why does it always work out that way?  Grin

I guess back to the mayhem for the next 24 hours.
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:25 PM »

KB3LIX--I suggest trying 10M phone for that SSB QSO. 

My 20 RTTY QSO made the last update--so I now have them on 6 bands and 3 modes  Grin
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2012, 01:57:28 PM »

KB3LIX--I suggest trying 10M phone for that SSB QSO. 

My 20 RTTY QSO made the last update--so I now have them on 6 bands and 3 modes  Grin

I have listened on 28.495 a bunch of times when I have
seen them spotted, and I have never heard a peep out of them.

That is NOT to say I will quit listening !
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

If you have a small station, don't wait for spots!!!

Seriously, your vertiical antenna pattern is likely to be quite different from the guys who spot--your band openings will be different, particularly on 10M where a lot of guys compromise 10M beam performance in favor of 20 meters (single beam on a tower--not a phased stack)

Also, as I interpret their web site, they are running 100 watts, as they only have amps on the two main stations--they are using the 6M station barefoot to get on 10M whenever 6 isn't open.

Good luck!
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2012, 06:25:45 PM »

This is to Larry, NU4B, from what Im reading you finally got ur cw qso? Hope ur in the next update, I was happy with the 1 cw qso but did manage a ssb qso on 20 mtrs last weekend abt 0500z, actually it was easy, no pileup, anyway those guys have done a great job, did everyone see the photo in their last update? i will be sending a donation with my qsl request, they gave me a new cw country and they have been active just about round the clock, well I need to rest up for the CQWW and the ZL9HR operation, need some points for the DX MARATHON, congrats again, 73/72 DAN WG5G.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »

Got em on CW, all bands except 10.  Can't believe my luck!  But no SSB.  What chaos.  I decided it was not worth the effort.  After just listening for 5 minutes on 20 SSB, I was sorta disgusted and just turned off the rig.  Probably should have stuck around, but the pileups were so huge and i could not find any pattern to follow like I could on CW.  EU and NA and SA in a real furball fight, well into the DXpedition.  Amazing.
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2012, 10:40:41 PM »

Finally, one from the mobile, 80m cw.

Nice signal in Texas right now. Some of the EU stations he is working  are fairly loud, too.

AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: November 22, 2012, 11:03:00 AM »

I know I do not have any contact with PT0S. Would like just one CW.

However, according to them, I have one 17 meter CW in the log. WTF?

Bob,
I was listening on 17m the other day, when I heard them reply
to AB8MA...I of course recognized the call sign.
It took him 3 tries to get the call, he got the 8MA, but had trouble
getting the prefix.
I think it was tuesday, but I'm not sure.

DAMN...I thought you had them...TOO BAD !!!

Now, go get 'em !

Well, FINALLY. Got them CW on 17 meters. So, even though I have been in THEIR log for a week, they are finally in MY log today.

So it's official. Phone in 2003 and CW in 2012. Smiley
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: November 22, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »

I just saw my 80M CW Q in their recently uploaded log--so that makes 7 bands!
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »

Worked them last night on 160, one call.

Thanks to W2IRT for the heads up that they were on.

And my QSO showed up in the online log, updated just now, which means that it will also show up in LoTW soon.

So all I'm missing now are 20, 12 and 80... but they are QRT soon, so I guess next 20 years when they are active again I guess.
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »

This is to Larry, NU4B, from what Im reading you finally got ur cw qso? Hope ur in the next update, I was happy with the 1 cw qso but did manage a ssb qso on 20 mtrs last weekend abt 0500z, actually it was easy, no pileup, anyway those guys have done a great job, did everyone see the photo in their last update? i will be sending a donation with my qsl request, they gave me a new cw country and they have been active just about round the clock, well I need to rest up for the CQWW and the ZL9HR operation, need some points for the DX MARATHON, congrats again, 73/72 DAN WG5G.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I was beginning to sweat that one. I always thought the best place was 40 meters like we talked about. But it never seemed to work out for me. I would get there about QRT time. I noticed when they called CQ around 0830 or so they would disappear. In fact I think that happened last night on 80 too. Strong sigs, then called a couple CQ's (with people still calling) and then gone. Oh well - doesn't matter now because 20 meters was the band.  Grin

This one was around 1330Z and their signal was not that strong, but I knew where he was listening and he stayed on that RX freq for a few calls ( I noticed he would stay on one RX freq for a few calls, then move and stay for a few calls, then move.) I went a few htz up and he found me. No more 3am alarms.  Grin (Although the middle of the night is really good for 80 meters.) So no alarms at least for a while.  Grin
HA5X

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2012, 12:53:43 PM »

Dear All commenting in this topic,

I am Chris, webmaster/pilot of PT0S. 

I would like to thank you for your comments in this forum.

Positive comments surely gave the operators encouragement in a truly difficult environment.

Negative comments were/are also important as they help operators understand what the other end of the pileups experience, and - if possible - try to adjust their operaration to please the audience.  Therefore, throughout the expedition I have also forwarded most negative comments and various request to them as well. As far as I hear myself, and as far as they told me, the team took these comments seriously.

Therefore I would like to thank ALL of you who have given us feedback, either positive or negative, directly or indirectly. Your comments were/are much appreciated.

73, Chris,  WW1WWW  -  HA5X  -  HA5XA  - M0XXA
Pages: Prev 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: