Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PT0S active  (Read 41939 times)
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: November 22, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »

Chris: I'm sure I speak for many of us who appreciate everything the team has done with the conditions they have had to endure. I want to wish the team a safe trip back home and a pat on the back for a job well done!

John K7KB
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: November 22, 2012, 02:04:46 PM »

I could not hear them until yesterday, but they seem to be doing a great job. Though when they went off the air, you would have never thought so by the comments. Some people are just miserable. 
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2012, 03:27:55 PM »

Absolutely Chris. Definite thanks to the entire team for a job well done. I hope the Dxers worldwide will
help defray some of the costs of the expedition by any small donation they can possibly afford.

Now if only the EU stations would heed to instructions, some of the little stations in AS that are
trying to make it into the log will be able to do so. I heard that big stations in AS running Kw and
yagis made it into the log with difficulty, due to the EU QRM, even when the Op was looking out
for AS. So some attention to QRP stations might help log a few more unique calls in the last few
hours of the operation and offer some hope to the little stations calling.

Krish
w4vku
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: November 22, 2012, 03:43:21 PM »

Their website has been updated and some bad news for some:

The log is updated, including 40928 QSOs, the last one being 0845 UTC 22 November 2012. Log is uploaded to Clublog for stats and also to LoTW. I have bad news for some. A lot of people were asking about missing RTTY QSOs. We asked George, and he writes: “We made no RTTY contacts between Nov 18 11:24 and Nov 20 07:38.” so if your QSOs fell in this timeframe, you may have worked a SLIM :-( As George writes they may have to go QRT tomorrow morning (Friday), whether they can stay depends on the navy who are to start maintenance work on the rocks.

So if you fall into that RTTY issue, go get now cause they are on 20m right now.

73 De Mike
VE3YF
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: November 22, 2012, 07:15:57 PM »

Finally got that 80 meter band CW QSO this evening Shocked.  That totals 4 bands for me, including 17, 20 and 40.  Wish I could have got them on 30, and may yet still, if they stick around for a couple more days.

I listened in on PT0S on a couple SSB spots and decided I did not want to stick my nose in there. That little road show on 40 SSB the other nite will go down in history as the largest DX cluster foxtrot I have ever heard Roll Eyes.

They are still there now, pounding out QSOs. If you need em on 80, now is certainly your chance. The pile is not as big as it has been, but they are sure not begging!

73, Gene AF3Y
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: November 22, 2012, 08:22:47 PM »

Just got them on 80 cw as well.

So that just leaves 20, 12 (and 6) for me. No big deal, that's 2 challenge points but at least I got 80 for my 5BDXCC.
K6UJ

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: November 22, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »

Finally got that 80 meter band CW QSO this evening Shocked.  That totals 4 bands for me, including 17, 20 and 40.  Wish I could have got them on 30, and may yet still, if they stick around for a couple more days.

I listened in on PT0S on a couple SSB spots and decided I did not want to stick my nose in there. That little road show on 40 SSB the other nite will go down in history as the largest DX cluster foxtrot I have ever heard Roll Eyes.

They are still there now, pounding out QSOs. If you need em on 80, now is certainly your chance. The pile is not as big as it has been, but they are sure not begging!

73, Gene AF3Y

Congrats on getting them on 80 Gene !
I somehow managed to make an 80CW QSO also.  I don't know how I made it.
It wasn't my poor excuse for an 80 meter antenna and it couldn't have been my operating skill  Cheesy

Bob
K6UJ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: November 23, 2012, 07:20:00 AM »

Hi Chris, thanks for your great job as pilot and Webmaster for them. You've truly done an outstanding job and there will always be a pint or two waiting for you at casa-IRT in NJ or at the bar in Dayton!

If there were to be anything negative, about the only thing would have been the QSX range may have been a tad excessive at times, which may not be necessary given the amazing filtration capabilities of the K3--they probably could have limited the CW pileups to 10-15kHz at first and less later. But again, a very minor quibble in an otherwise exemplary operation. First class all 'round and a hearty "Well Done" from me!

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N5UD

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: November 23, 2012, 09:05:45 AM »

I know this will sound strange to east coasters and big antenna folks. They had one of the worst signals for an expedition above 30 meters.
Not that I tried real hard, but never heard them well above 30 meters on my mobile. Lots of QSB on sigs when I did, and usually working EU.
If not working EU, working east coast and I could barely hear them. Or west coast and hear them. It seemed they were OTA either too early for Texas or too late.
Then the pileups never seemed to abate. Had they stayed this weekend, I would have looked for them again on 20-10 meters.

My QSO's were made early on. The mobile BLASTED THROUGH on 80 first, then 40 CW, then 40 SSB. All in the same night.
I tried 30M at least two times, but again no prize. S7-S9 both times. One time was at least 1/2 hour calling while traveling I-20. They were working more EU than US.

Then there was the constant QRM, and the slims on the same freq. Not a fun chase on the upper bands at all.
73 Tony N5UD /M
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: November 23, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »

Maybe on 40m ssb when working the USA, it might be better for the DX to be on 7125 and listen say 7135 to 7145, then any US ranters would be out of band. Also there are no nets down there or very few, to vent their ire on the DX frequency.

A great operation all round. Well done guys

73 Mark N1UK
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: November 23, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

I worked them on 6 bands, both CW and SSB so I can't complain Smiley About the only thing that would be icing on the cake would have been a RTTY QSO and one for 30 meters. Seems like whenever I would see them spotted for RTTY about the time I would get there to jump in the pileup, they would QSY to another band on CW or SSB. And I jumped into a 30M pileup early on in the expedition but didn't have any luck breaking through the East Coast. I don't blame the team for not getting them on RTTY or 30M, just my luck and not being retired yet Smiley

John K7KB
KI4PRK

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:52 PM »

This was the first really rare DXpedition that's been on since I started working every weekday... that with busy weekends made for a rather nervous couple of weeks, but managed to get them the day before they went QRT, in the early AM hours of Thanksgiving day on 40M CW.

I've been really inactive since May or June, in fact essentially inactive except for PT0S and the CW SS, but the CW CQ WW is always the annual start of my real activity, so with that and the exciting ZL9HR coming up (the fourth top-20 this year!), I should be much more active at least for a few months  Smiley

73, Brennen
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:06:30 PM by KI4PRK » Logged
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: November 23, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

Cleaned 'em out on pretty-well everywhere. 9 bands, 3 modes, 17 bandslots. I will never need anything other than 6m from St. Peter and Paul in a future DXpedition. Great ops, great ears, spectacular activation of a fairly rare entity. Thanks for the Qs, guys. Travel safe.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: