Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michaels has a big sale fon frames for your certificates!  (Read 1127 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »

Just bought a bunch of frames for my RTTY, Phone, 15, and 20M DXCC certificates (six so far for 2012, got CW and mixed this past Spring)

Michaels is not only has 50% off their nice house brand frame, but has a 25% off coupon that applies to sale items in today's paper.
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

Zach, thanks for the info!

Can you post up the part numbers of the frames? They always have a huge supply of frames and knowing the number world help. I need to get off my rear and put up the 5 certificates I have still in their mailing tubes!

A new Michaels just opened up near me in the last few months.

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »

For DXCC you are looking for standard 11x14 inch frames--they have a wide variety of styles to suit your taste.

You also have awards that need 8.5 x 11 inch frames--this is somewhat of an oddball size in which your selection is rather limited--though you could add a mat to a standard 11x14 inch frame.
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:00 AM »

OK, thanks! That will narrow down what I need. DXCC awards are the only certificates I have now needing frames.

I'll go up there tomorrow!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:30:40 PM »

OK, thanks! That will narrow down what I need. DXCC awards are the only certificates I have now needing frames.

I'll go up there tomorrow!

Roger.... Just a hint for you.  If you plan on getting more certs later (we all can wish and hope I guess..hi), its a good idea to buy a couple/few extra.  When your new certificates come in, you wont have to look all over to match the frames you have. I know, I went through that once.  I now have a few extras here even with all the paper on the wall.  73, Gene AF3Y
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »

Good idea!

I like going to Michaels. It's like going to Fry's/Lowes/Home Depot. I usually come out with more than what I went in for!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »

Mine are still in mailing tubes too.  I've never been to Michaels but we must have one nearby.

Thanks for the tip.

Chris/NU1O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: