Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX7R programmed with VX Commander  (Read 590 times)
KF2Z

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

I have searched the forums and have not seen this issue. I have used Travel Plus to map a route I usually travel. Loaded the freqs for 144-148 and 420-450 into the radio. I believe all settings are correct. My VX7R scans through the 190 channels just fine. It just does not receive nor send on any channel. I have my Icom MK706MKII in my home and it picks up all the local repeaters. My VX7R just keeps scanning. What have I set wrong on VX7R to cause this? Do I need DCS or Tone Squelch? Both are now off. Offsets appear correct. Tone?
Thank you.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 12:11:50 AM »

It could be as easy as the squelch level setting. If you want to get expert advice, join the VX7R Yahoo group.
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »

I recall having issues when I tried to program my VX-7 without downloading from it first. It is some time ago so my recollection is a bit vague, but it's worth checking.

73 Dave
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »

You haven't mentioned if the VX7R receives the repeaters when manually tuned to your local repeaters, you  only mention that when scanning it doesn't pick them up.

Also have you confirmed that Commander programmed the frequencies correctly?

I know that with some radios if the frequency step is not set correctly to begin with then the final channel programming will be off, I have this issue with an icom T7H and an Alinco radio.

After all you are relying on a Microsoft Windows PC to set the frequencies of your 300 dollar radio and we all know that Microcrap never screws up nor does the software written for it ever screw up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: