Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Covenants Enforced By The City  (Read 23148 times)
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »

These antennas do NOT need to be where they are to work.  The two that are strapped to a chimney would work just fine on the back side of the houses because the back of the house faces south and has a line of sight to Cheyenne Mountain where all our local broadcasts come from.  And the neighbor behind me doesn't need his antenna mounted dead center at the peak of the roof for his antenna to be effective receiving signals from Cheyenne Mtn either.  So, that argument is moot.
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »

OTARD

As directed by Congress in Section 207 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, the Federal Communications Commission adopted the Over-the-Air Reception Devices (“OTARD”) rule concerning governmental and nongovernmental restrictions on viewers' ability to receive video programming signals from direct broadcast satellites ("DBS"), broadband radio service providers (formerly multichannel multipoint distribution service or MMDS), and television broadcast stations ("TVBS").

The rule (47 C.F.R. Section 1.4000) has been in effect since October 1996, and it prohibits restrictions that impair the installation, maintenance or use of antennas used to receive video programming.  The rule applies to video antennas including direct-to-home satellite dishes that are less than one meter (39.37") in diameter (or of any size in Alaska), TV antennas, and wireless cable antennas.  The rule prohibits most restrictions that: (1) unreasonably delay or prevent installation, maintenance or use; (2) unreasonably increase the cost of installation, maintenance or use; or (3) preclude reception of an acceptable quality signal.
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »

K7CB, be VERY careful. I had almost the exact same situation concerning a home I build a couple of years ago.
Facts:
- the realtor took us to this area that already had a ham with a huge tribander and tower
- told us there was NO HOA or any restrictions (correct)
- I applied for and received permission from the County Building Dept for my 2 towers.
- Building Dept stated in writing, ham towers were EXEMPT from ANY restrictions
- neighbors got together, pooled their money and sued us
- they were wealthy and knew they could NOT win but just wanted us out
- case was dismissed by the Judge in our favor

We had to spend thousands to hire a lawyer to defend ourselves.
Get this... One assh-le neighbor was 'against' us even though I bought his TV tower and put it up at my house!!! WTF???

However, between the death threats, and being driven off the road, my ex couldn't take it. She couldn't even go outside to work on her plants without someone driving by and swearing.
Now, I just LOVE a fight, but she was 'normal' and moved. Had to sell the house, my DREAM shop, DREAM shack, etc.

The bottom line is:
ANYONE can sue ANYONE for ANYTHING. Yeah, you might win, but at what cost?Huh

ron
N4UE
(now living with NO neighbors and 3 towers)
KD8Z

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09:15 AM »

The USA is just not the "good old USA" anymore.  Crazies kill children, the Washington Elite cannot even agree upon a budget and we have the highest national debt ever.  Now with the ham story above I am so disheartened.  Where have we gone, when even an innocuous ham gets attacked over a hobby.  I had a neighbor like the ones above.  He was an old guy whom had been a CB'er in the 60's-70's said he knew all about "radio" as he called it and he hated everything I did.  He once told me that he knew I was running illegal power.  Must have been my 160 watt Mirage amp for 2 meter which was my only amp at the time. 
People in the USA have gone around the bend!  Someone please reinforce my belief in the USA!
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 04:10:49 AM »

People who knowingly ignore the regulations are just as guilty as those who make the problems to begin with.

It is simple, if it says no....then it is no!

Don't like it, don't buy it.

And if you buy it anyway, and break the regulations, don't whine when you get the notice in the mail.

It is a simple choice.

Anyone who says "I will just do it anyway" is the reason the CC&Rs are getting worded tougher, and less likely to be struck down by any government agency or court.
AC7DX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »

They are talking about you guys....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7kirdtdI1c&feature=related
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2013, 04:00:34 PM »

Not really.  That video is from 2010.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: