Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7Mhz wire Log Periodic ARRL Hbook  (Read 986 times)
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »

Has anyone used or had any experience of the 7Mhz wire LP that is in the ARRL antenna Hbook's  Thanks

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
WA2TPU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:33 AM »

Hi,
  I've build 2 of these 40 meter LP's. Both were fantastic performers and easy to build.I experienced no fading with them as compared to verticals and an inverted V.

Hope this helps.
Best regards and many 72/73.
Don sr --WA2TPU --
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 03:38:59 AM »

Thanks, I was considering installing them as vertical LP's, similar to the Granger LP curtain array's but using dipole elements instead of monopole elements.  Any thoughts?

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:39:02 AM »

Vertical vs horizontal elements, it depends on the height. If you have supports high enough to suspend a 40 meter LP vertically the horizontal configuration (comfirmed using EZNEC) will perform better at all take-off-angles. Ground loss in the far field reduces the performance of the vertically polarized LP.
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:17:42 AM »

Vertical vs horizontal elements, it depends on the height. If you have supports high enough to suspend a 40 meter LP vertically the horizontal configuration (comfirmed using EZNEC) will perform better at all take-off-angles. Ground loss in the far field reduces the performance of the vertically polarized LP.

Thanks for that info.  My intention is to extend the length somewhat and make it cover 7, 10 and 14 Mhz.  Have been working through some options using the calculator by KM9O.  So might try one with 13 elements and a "boom" length of 157 feet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: