Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Software to manage QSL Cards  (Read 777 times)
KU8K

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »

So I'm starting to send out some QSL cards for the first time and with all the different ways to QSL I can see where it quickly can get a little confusing. Is there some software out there that will help you to manage the cards?  I'm not so much interested in printing labels as I am keeping track of what contacts I've sent direct, bureau, LoTW or whatever.  I suppose I can make a spreadsheet to help with this. But I'm not interested in a shoebox or paper. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bill
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »

Hi Bill,

I use the DXLab suite, especially DXKeeper, to keep track of everything for me.  Dave has programmed a masterpiece and the support is "outta this world."

Take a look at the on line documentation, and I am sure this will fit your needs.  It will keep track of LoTW, eQSL, and paper, plus a multitude of other things.

Good luck,
73 de Jim - KE8G
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:58 AM »

+1 for Dxkeeper.
It has an access DB under the covers. It does not merge same contacts over, if imported. It will show up as dupes.
I use WriteLog and from time to time export the ADIF and then import it to Dxkeeper. It is pretty nifty to also download
Lotw confirmations, keeps tab on QSL's sent via paper and we can manually update any received paper QSLs.
It shows band by band stats. It nicely plugs into DxView and shows you a matrix of all the bandfills for a particular
callsign prefix. This helps one avoid making dupe contacts.
Highly recommended.

Krish
N8XI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

I have used a few Logging Programs over the years.
Some DOS based, others using Windows.
I even used one for my Commadore VIC20 & C-64 written in BASIC.
I believe the program was from QST magazine.

But, once I started using the DXLabs suite several years ago it’s been very easy
keeping track of all my contacts DX or Domestic.

DXKeeper will keep track of direct, bureau, LoTW Cards.
In fact, it will printout QSL cards & labels too.

N1MM for Contesting and DXLabs for keeping track of Contacts.
Uploading my N1MM contacts to DXLabs DXKeeper is too easy!
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »

I use Ham Radio Deluxe.

I don't use the stock access DB, I use a MySQL backend. I have over 30k QSOs in my log and access tends to bog down. MySQL is like greased lightning.

For label printing I use BV. Works good enough.

I'm working on rolling my own software, but it will probably be mac only backed by SQLite or extensible to use a cloud database. This is some ways off though, probably months down the line I'll have a usable product.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:41:50 PM »

I use DX Base and QSL labeling is one of its strongest points. The software is a little dated and as it stands now, it's limited to 10 callsigns per user license (you can have multiple instances if necessary). It has Lists and Labels integrated and it has incredible power in creating QSL labels, card backs, mailing labels, envelopes and much more. It's got a fairly steep learning curve but well worth it IMHO.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:20 PM »

Is DX Base still being developed? I thought they went QRT.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »

It's kinda on hiatus, supposedly being revamped, but for the moment a new version is naught more than vapourware.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: