As someone who purchased a set of Gulf Alpha circularly polarized beams I will say this:
1. The quality and craftsman ship is top notch, second to none.
2. The ease of installation is far superior to any other beams I've assembled from other "big names."
3. To have something rugged AND assembles easily is a big plus. Gulf Alpha wins again.
Now for the "not so good..."
1. Delivery takes a long time for the Gulf Alpha satellite antennas. Pete will tell you that up front.
2. Whatever Pete tells you for delivery time, plan on adding to it. This is what others told me and this is what ended up happening to me personally.
3. Don't be in a hurry.
I classify Gulf Alpha as being a "niche market" antenna company. Do not compare them to companies that mass-produce off-the-shelf antennas. There is a difference. Luckily Pete doesn't jack up his prices. The wait is the price you will pay for quality!
Even considering the "not so good," I am now planning to order at least one or two of his linear yagis. His element-to-boom construction and assembly is overall a WINNER.