Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signalink USB/JT-65 HF  (Read 1903 times)
W0NTS

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:07:53 PM »

For some time I have been using a Signalink USB with a SGC SG-2020 for JT-65 HF and transmitting and receiving functioned well. Several weeks ago I purchased a very nice TenTec Argonaut V and purchased the proper 5 pin DIN cable and jumper module to interface the Signalink USB with the Argonaut V. The problem I am experiencing is that I can receive JT-65 HF but cannot get JT-65 HF to key the transmitter. When I click on the CALL CQ button on JT-65 HF it shows TX ON but the Signalink USB will not go into transmit mode. JT-65 HF is then locked up in TX ON and cannot be unlocked by use of the TX OFF button. Even though JT-65 HF indicates TX ON, it continues in the receive mode. I have went through all of the trouble shooting tips for the Signalink USB and everything is as it should be. As yet I haven't been able to contact Tigertronics tech support people. Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution to this problem? Huh  Dennis  W0NTS 
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »

Just a guess here:  try increasing the TX control.  I had a similar problem with my TS480SAT when the TX level control was too low to be triggered in transmit.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:23 AM »

Also, on "low audio frequency tone" modes, you may need to increase the wave slider in Windows. I believe JT-65 is one of those modes, as well as Olivia, MT63, EasyPAL, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: