Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shocking Repeater Language and Behavior!!  (Read 6956 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2012, 11:23:35 PM »

Was just totally shocked to hear the way some hams are behaving daily on the Los Angeles 147.435 repeater!  The language and content being used are beyond description.  What's even worse, the repeater is streamed LIVE over the internet!  You can form your own opinions by going to the W6DEK.com website. It's just amazing that the FCC allows this type of behavior to actually go on.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 11:36:31 PM »

Why don't you just ignore it?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:53 AM »

So why don't you report it?  Or are you as reluctant to give your identity to the Official Observers or the FCC as you are here?
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »

435 has always been like that. It's gone through several owners since Roy Tucker ran it, and although it's been 'cleaned up' a few times, it always goes back to being the Bad Boy Cesspool of repeaters.

Just turn the dial, and don't feed the trolls......

Jim
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »

Why don't you just ignore it?
  I intend to!  I was just searching the internet for some ham websites, when I came across W6DEK.com and noticed that they streamed their repeater live over the internet.  I just was not prepared for what I heard.  It is even far worse than CB was back in the '70s!
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »

Was just totally shocked to hear the way some hams are behaving daily on the Los Angeles 147.435 repeater!

Why the shock?  I'm sure its not a bit different than what you will hear walking down the street in ANY moderate size american city these days.  The great majority of american people have become morally and psychologically bankrupt and it can't help but show wherever social interaction occurs.  Its got absolutely nothing to do with ham radio and everything to do with american society.  THAT'S what sorely needs to be fixed.
Tom
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 11:48:20 PM by WB6DGN » Logged
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:33:48 PM »

Was just totally shocked to hear the way some hams are behaving daily on the Los Angeles 147.435 repeater!

Why the shock?  I'm sure its not a bit different than what you will hear walking down the street in ANY moderate size american city these days.  The great majority of american people have become morally and psychologically bankrupt and it can't help but show wherever social interaction occurs.  Its got absolutely nothing to do with ham radio and everything to do with american society.  THAT'S what sorely needs to be fixed.
Tom
  Good point.  That repeater is just an indication of how things have actually become.  I just presumed that hams were a cut above the rest.
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 11:40:08 PM »

I just presumed that hams were a cut above the rest.

In that respect, to a large extent, they are.  But, in terms of percentage, the problem is still bad.  Wish I knew what could be done to fix it.  I'd even be willing to put up with that drifty old tube gear again if people's attitudes could go back to the way they used to be back then!
Tom
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 01:05:53 AM »

why are you crying about it?

seriously. old rule dont like it spin the vfo.

the people on 435 do as they wish and have fun and the repeater is active. sure as hell better hearing an active repeater then one thats only active during the 10 minute hihi om net once a week.

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »

Because some people still strive for common decency in the world.  Garbage offends whether encountered for a few hours or a few seconds, its still garbage.
Tom
W2IBC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »

Because some people still strive for common decency in the world.  Garbage offends whether encountered for a few hours or a few seconds, its still garbage.
Tom

and i say times change.. at one time it was immoral for a woman to show her belly button on tv. now you see much more then that. times change people need to get over it

I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 03:55:16 AM »

and i say times change.. at one time it was immoral for a woman to show her belly button on tv. now you see much more then that. times change people need to get over it

Yes, Times change--BUT THE REGULATIONS HAVEN'T, AND THEY PROBABLY NEVER WILL in regard to that issue.
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »

REBEL RADIO, huh?  Sounds to me as though you're playing this thread for its shock value and nothing more.  I'm wasting my time here.  Time to be movin' on.  Happy trollin'.
Tom
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 07:31:51 AM »

Tom,

You should have seen what IBC posted before the editors took it down.  This thread was actually several pages, but IBC decided he'd lace it with the worst language you can imagine and then wrote that they were "just words...no big deal".  Yes he is definitely a low-class troll.
TTOMAS59

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »

Four years ago there is a repeater in Florida where the talk was about killing a newly elected politician. I don't particularly like the guy myself but that was totally inappropriate. Some days later I called the local FBI office and they told me to call the FCC. When I called them they told me to call the FBI. Kind of like FEMA today.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: