Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaParts poor customer service.  (Read 8094 times)
WD0FIA

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:09:02 AM »

I am REALLY unhappy with GigaParts today. Ordered on Monday 12 November, and they finally shipped on Friday November 17th....... I even called on Wednesday November 14th, and they advised it would ship that day!

So I won't get it in time to setup during Thanksgiving.  The item was not for me, but was intended as a gift for a Hospice!

This isn't the first time with them! I had a order I placed on February 4th ship on the February 24th this year.  They advised me the "in stock" item was "out of stock" on February 6th, and that it would ship in 10 days.  The 10 days turned into 18, and I finally received it on February 27th.

I guess it should be no surprise that they only score a 1 out of 5 with 78 reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com!  See my review at http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GigaParts/review/2080243#comment2080243 .

It will be the LAST order I place through GigaParts! Nothing is worth that type of "customer service"!

KJ4RYP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:39:35 AM »

Keith,

We've tried a couple of times to reach you through email and Facebook, but haven't heard back from you.

The antenna you ordered on November 12th was shipped two days later than we had anticipated and picked up by the postal service the next day. You selected a shipping option that estimates 3 to 10 business days for delivery and we generally try to get those shipped in 1 to 2 business days, allowing plenty of time for the shipping company to deliver the package within the allotted time.

I'm very sorry for the delay – it's not something that normally happens, and this time of year we work very diligently to keep up with a higher than normal volume of orders. In this case, your order was delivered the day before Thanksgiving, 7 business days after the order was placed, and the day before you stated in your post that you needed the antenna to complete your project over the long holiday weekend.

I checked into the order you mentioned in February and couldn't find one on your account in that time frame. I did find 8 other orders on your account since 2009, all of them shipped either the same day you placed the order or the next business day.

You've been a customer for a long time, and we're disheartened that we didn't meet your expectations this time, but we want to make it up to you however we can. We look forward to hearing back from you soon to work it out and to hear how your antenna installation went.

Carl Jordan
GigaParts
866-535-4442
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 06:46:27 AM »

I don't know any more than what us stated here but what a great public response by a vendor! There can't be a conversation if the customer won't respond!

Frank
K4FMH
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:45:08 PM »

It is rare to see a response from a vendor that comes across as genuine as this one did.  Heck, it is rare to see a response from a vendor at all.

Personally, I have ordered a lot of stuff from GigaParts and always get it fast.  They are my first stop when I start looking for something.

I'm not discounting the OP's issue, but just saying I have had good luck with them personally.

WA3KVN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »

Nice going by the Gigaparts folks.  I have always had good service from them, including a few small orders and a large one over $8,000.00 worth.  In that case, I asked them for a formal quotation from which I placed the order.  It shipped promptly and exactly correct.  Charlie, WA3KVN
KD2CJJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »

I have never had an issue with GigaParts, the only feedback I can personally give is I wish they would provide a little better status on the shipping process, like showing what stage its in and ETA for shipment.. once it ships no issues as I get a tracking number.  This is just some minor feedback but in now way is a ding against their operations.

I can comment on also my fathers experience when he received a defect MFJ antenna (yes typical).  GigaParts was extremely responsive, they fought on behalf of my father with MFJ.  GigaParts initiated many phone calls to my father to keep him in the loop... Vendors initiating phone calls are very rare.  GigaParts generally tried their very best to keep my father happy.  Even though MFJ cause heart ace with my father GigaParts made the process much more pleasant.  This in my eyes is far beyond what other vendors would do.  I applaud this type of customer service! 

The net net is, they are still a top vendor for me and my father. 

GigaParts, keep up the good customer service, and competitive pricing and you will keep us as customers for a life time.

Mike
KD2CJJ
WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »

FIA,

Your shipping time really doesn't sound to unreasonable but I can understand being upset especially if you expected it on some specific date.

I ordered a solder iron for my son from PARTS EXPRESS for Christmas around the first of December and was informed that it would ship late on Dec 7th but still it never arrived by the 14th.

It was only after receiving an e-mail to rate them that I mentioned never receiving half of my order only to be told that it will ship around the 26th of January 2013.

This is even way to late for my sons X-mas let alone even his B-day, just be happy that you receive it within one week and not 2 months.

In the mean time I had to order a new Iron but this time from Amazon.com which fortunately is supposed to arrive tuesday.

Next time for me it's either HRO or Amazon as I have never been let down by either but just this one time I was looking for that good deal that was too good to be true and it just about messed me up.

However on a good note since it has been snowing the past day the 3 Parts express catalogs have been put to good use, they work just fine starting my fireplace up.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:43 AM »

Another bashing post from someone with their panties in a twist--not even bothering to take into account the time of year, the shipping time plainly stated on their chosen form of shipping, and the quick shipping of their previous orders.

Next time you order, Gigaparts ought to refuse to do business with you.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 08:45:23 AM »

I've placed several orders with GigaParts over the years and have been a happy customer each time.  I will definitely order from them again. 
NI6G

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 04:06:30 PM »

I guess it should be no surprise that they only score a 1 out of 5 with 78 reviews at http://www.resellerratings.com!

WD0FIA:

You've been caught in and out-and-out lie. Yes, I'm calling you a liar!

Gigaparts has received 70 5-star Reviews out of 81 in total to date at ResellerRatings.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/GigaParts

Stop being such a "bravo sierra muncher" with infantile, libelous claims.
WE7H

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »

Evening,

Feel like I need to jump in here.  I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Gigaparts.  A number of the shipments were multiple items.  I've never had a problem with them at all.  Always fast, always trackable, always complete and in good shape.  They even threw in a free Gigaparts ball cap one time.  I'm sorry some folks have had problems.  It's bound to happen now and then, these guys have to be doing a pretty good volume of sales.  Also NI6G was right about the reseller reviews. If you look at the Gigaparts lifetime history it's overwhelmingly in the 5 stars.  Their web site is a little misleading, because the stars rating in the upper left is the "last 6 months" rating, not the overall.  During that time, it looks like someone had a bad time, rated it and that started a little 1 and 2 star dogpile.

Sure sounded like Carl was ready willing and able to make it right or at least talk it over. He rendered about the best apology and outreach I've ever seen from a vendor.  For my money, they are still my "go to" Ham Store.  And for those who may ask...they're not my buddies...just a place I trust to do business with.

73 and Happy Holidays to all,

Ed, WE7H
W5JON

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

I have ordered many items from Gigaparts and have absolutly no complaints.  Infact on my last order they honored a sale price that ended on Saturday, when I ordered the item on Monday. all my orders have been shipped fast and accurate.

John  W5JON
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: