Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Q R T.....  (Read 1053 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2012, 05:35:52 AM »

Nov 23, 2012, SPSP

PT0S has gone QRT at 10:30 Z.

Thanks for all the contacts and support. Sorry about the QRM.

CU and 73,

George, AA7JV

THANKS GUYS, FOR A JOB WELL DONE!  73, Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:48:29 AM by AF3Y » Logged
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:49:59 AM »

I've been thinking about how difficult living conditions were for them - and also - the fact that their signals were so loud to the most (ham) populated areas of the world simultaneously - created a "perfect storm".

I can't even imagine trying to do anything to tame pileups where NA / SA / EU all pounded away at them for the duration.

I think the way they handled it is the best possible way - just keep slugging away, and since I already had SPP from a few years back - I just listened to this one and was very impressed with how they kept slugging / slogging away.
WS4T

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 06:07:25 AM »

Very very impressive dxpedition! These guys are amazing. I don't see how they could put up with such difficult living conditions, not to mention a wee bit of QRM (Wink), and just keep battling the pile-ups day after day.

Thanks and get home safely!

Gary, ES1WST
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:25:13 AM »

I can't agree more with everything said.  They performed a difficult task and did a great job doing it.  Thanks PT0S team!!!
Randy AJ4RW
AF5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 06:32:07 AM »

Didn't get them but glad they went. Hope the Brazilian Govt doesn't keep this one QRT too long  Didn't realize how rare it must be based on the size of the pileups.  Hope to have better luck with ZL9 (have it confirmed on 20 CW).  Hope the pileups are better behaved for ZL9.  The behavior for PT0S was some of the worst I have ever seen. Hope this isn't the new state of DXing.

John AF5CC
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 07:33:13 AM »

John,
 The behavior is not getting any better at all over the years.
 ZL9 is going to be a good one for the West coast stations. For the east, we will get some,
 but probably will be a challenge on top band. Plus the no night time access to the island
 might be a challenge. Will have to play this by the ear.

Krish
w4vku
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »

This wasn't a bad expedition at all. I enjoyed chasing them in my limited time. The pile ups may have been bad because of the ban on ham radio, meaning we don't know when it will be qrv again so everyone was getting in before they possibly go QRT for good.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 03:08:09 PM »

After viewing a satellite shot of the rox, I could not help but wonder how these guys pulled it off....They are better men than me, as after about a day, I'd be screaming to go back to civilization......Glad to have this one in the book, as like the man said, no one knows if it will ever be activated again (due to reasons which I have strong opinions on, but will refrain)......To PT0S operators....Thanks for being there, and the qrm was not your fault!.....

V
KA3NRX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: