Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Santa – What I want for Christmas 2012, a DX’ers perspective  (Read 925 times)
AJ4RW

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:48:05 AM »

Dear Santa
My Christmas wish list is fairly short this year but I hope you can fill it.  I’ll try to refrain from any inflammatory comments.

1.   Santa, could you please stop your sleigh by every amateur radio operator that tunes their amp on the dxs transmit frequency and explain to them how rude and inconsiderate this process is to others.  I feel that all amateurs should have enough professionalism and courtesy to do this but some just don’t understand or lack the mental ability to perform such a complicated task.  But Santa, I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.
2.   Santa, could you please try to educate some operators that feel the need to call a dx station over and over despite the fact their call was not requested.  This process slows down the amount of Q’s a dx station can work because of the interference caused.  If their call isn’t being requested, then they should just “shut up” till the QSO is complete.  I know this is another complicated process for some operators just like the process of putting on their shoes but I guess you can try.

Santa, I know this is asking a lot of you this year; but, I hope you have some success.  Also Santa, please notice that I didn’t use any words like moron or idiot.
73 de Randy
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 04:04:07 PM »

Good one, but Santa is only human and this request may transcend earthly capabilities.
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 10:21:31 AM »

You're right Mark but it sure is nice to wish.  Besides, it's a way to vent my frustration.
Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: