Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 756 Pro III - Mini Scope Screen Question  (Read 1228 times)
VA3UTC

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:45 PM »

How can I obtain the mini scope screen whereby the top half shows the Spectrum Scope and the bottom half shows the Multi Function Meter (S strength, Power, ALC, Comp as well as the SWR). There's a current You Tube video that's titled Icom 756 Pro III High Definition that shows that this is possible however my instruction manual makes no reference to this mini scope screen option at all.

Thank you in advance for whatever advice you can provide.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 11:47:03 PM »

Check the 756 Yahoo group.
VK4PH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:23:42 AM »

It is really quite easy once you know how. Best to make a note as I sometimes forget.
If you press the second button from top on the left side of display.
Momentary pushes of the button cycles display from SWR, PO, ALC and Compression.
If you hold this same button down a bit longer approx 2 seconds it then does a split screen with
the spectrum scope in the top window and all the above meter functions in the bottom window.
I find this the best setup for functionality and leave it like this permanently. Hope you having as
much enjoyment from this fantastic radio as I am. 73's

de VK4PH (Mark) in Queensland, AUSTRALIA
VA3UTC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

Thank you Mark for that perfectly concise solution. I got it on the first try. It's odd that this wasn't mentioned in the instruction manual.

Yes, I'm enjoying my 756 ProIII a lot !!!! It's a real winner in my books.

Terry
VA3UTC
VK4PH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:04:04 PM »

Also re split display feature it is possible to display passband IF filter widths in the lower half as an alternative
to swr,PO,ALC and Compression display.
Momentary pushes on FILTER button which is third from left under display changes passband IF filter width but
if HELD down for approximately 2 seconds will show a larger passband IF filter width display in bottom half.
This display can be toggled on and off in a similar way to above mentioned method of toggleling the
swr,PO,ALC and Compression display.

de VK4PH (Mark) Queensland AUSTRALIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: