Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uninstall  (Read 1030 times)
W0MN

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »

How in the devil d0o I uninstall MULTIPSK. It is not in control panel programs list so obviously is not standard. Can I just delete it or what?
What language was used to write it?
KF5ER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »

If you're using Windows go to settings - add/remove programs. You can remove it from there.
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »

I think he said that it was not listed in the control panel list of programs.  Not all installed programs follow the Microsoft convention and procedures for properly installed programs.

The best source to answer this question are the providers of the program and I just did a google search and found them.  So, I would begin there.

Otherwise, if it were me, I would delete the directories and files, remove any startup items that might be defined, and I would go to the registry and remove any keys or nodes that were defined.  The whole task wouldn't take more then a few minutes time to do it manually.  Also, it is remotely possible that the install copied some files to a Windows or System folder and if they did that I would merely ignore it.

Or, buy yourself a Mac computer and enjoy life.
KB3PNE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:24:26 PM »

go into the folder that it was installed in and find the file that says something like uninst* its usually a exe file and there is usally only 2 anyway and one of them is the one to run the program.

colin.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »

Generally, programs that were not installed with a setup.exe installation will not show up in the add/remove programs list. If you installed the program by simply copying the program files into a folder then it will not show up in add/remove programs.

In that case, to remove it simply delete the program folder using Windows Explorer. I would not go making changes to the system registry (delete the wrong thing in the registry and you won't be able to boot the computer!). A program that was not "installed" probably did not write anything into the registry. Even if it did, it won't harm anything to leave the unused registry entry.
N4EF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:34:39 AM »

How to uninstall Multipsk :   

The directions to uninstall of Multipsk are found in the README file within Multipsk. The details are show below:

UNINSTALLATION OF THE MULTIPSK AND CLOCK APPLICATIONS
As there is no change in the Windows registers base, these applications
can be uninstalled manually (with Windows Explorer) by deleting the folder
containing the Multipsk and Clock files.

Since the registry base is not modified from MultiPSK installation, you will not find MultiPSK listed in the Windows "Add or Remove" section of the Control Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: