Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signalink USB and FT-450  (Read 1541 times)
N8LAH

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:36:54 AM »

I am using the Signalik with a Yeasu FT-450 and a laptop with Windows XP.
I recently defragged my laptop and now when I transmit the Signalink transmit light will not come on and the SWR meter shows no output.  The radio and Signalink was off when I did the defrag.  I have checked all of the settings and everything seems to be in proper order. Tried to call support at Tigertronics on Nov. 23rd and no answer, so will wait until Monday to try again.  It's most likely some little stupid thing that got turned off, any suggestions?
N8LAH
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:16:35 PM »

Probably will need some more information to give an informed reply.

1. What digimodes program are you using?
2. Have you checked that the digimode program has the USB-audio-Codec (signalink) defined as it's soundcard both on input and output.
3. When you transmit are you hearing sound coming out of the P.C. onboard speaker?
4. Is the "Speaker" setting in Volume control all the way to maximum (if not, it will frequently not key the P.T.T. on the signalink).
5. What is the default soundcard configured to on the P.C.? - frequently, the signalink is made the default soundcard after a USB insertion.

The USB signalink is just an external USB audio card with a push to talk facility.
When plugged in, it identifies itself to the system as "USB-Audio-Codec".
Your digimode program should use this soundcard device for input and output.

If you play music or a movie on your P.C. does the signalink P.T.T. come on?
If yes, it indicates the signalink has been configured as the default soundcard for the P.C. and you need to change the defaults back to the onboard soundcard.

If you hear sound coming from your P.C. speaker when you transmit, it shows the digimode program has not found the signalink, and taken on the default P.C. soundcard.
This is common when you run many digimode programs without having the signalink plugged into the usb port.
They default to the P.C. soundcard, and you have to manually reconfigure them to use the signalink (usb-audio-codec) soundcard.
If you plug in the signalink soundcard later, most digimode programs will not restore their configuration to what you want - you have to do it manually.

I hope this gives you something to work with.

Good luck.

73 - Rob
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:22:05 PM by STAYVERTICAL » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: