Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CW = FUN FUN. My first ever LONG CW QSO  (Read 377 times)
K9FON

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:03:34 PM »

Last night, after i got tired of the nets on 75 i wandered down to the CW portion of 80 meters and bit the bullett and had a nice long CW QSO with a nice ham from Tennessee. It was probably my first ever "LONG" QSO! I dome some CW contesting but i never have had a long CW qso. He was calling CQ and i replied to him and he came RIGHT back to me no problems.
Im beginning to find CW fun and the CW subands are far less crowded than 75 meters phone.
 CW = fun fun.
N9GXA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:49:25 AM »

Hey Neighbor (sort of),

I know what you mean. Except cw contesting; I have not drifted there yet. CW and the cw sub bands are like a whole different world to me. It's great! Hope to work you someday!

Paul
N9GXA
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »

Hello!
I see UR in Berne. Do you know Nelson WB9KQO?
I talk to him on the no name net on 1966.
K9FON
N9GXA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:44:18 AM »

Sure do. I can remember when I first met him over 20 years ago - He was the first (only?) amateur to approach me at my first club meeting when he told me that it's easier to retain someone's callsign than their name. And he introduced me to everyone else at the meeting. I'm not exactly the outgoing type so I sure appreciated that!

Yeah, I know Nelson. Hey - Wait, I thought that was the no name net. How did you know his name?? hihi

Paul
K9FON

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 11:50:57 AM »

Nelson is a great guy. I met him on the no name net one night when i checked in, and he was the only one that was on the net at that time. We talked for a while until the net controller finally showed up.
If you have 160 capabilities check into the net on Wednesday and Sunday night at 8 pm. I will try to be there.

Oh BTW, who was the ham that lived in Geneva on US 27? There is a house that sits on the curve into town on the north side of the road across from the liquor store that has a huge tower up in the yard. There loks like what used to be a tribander on the top that is now pretty much gone. I have noticed this place for years, but it appears no one lives there anymore. That sure would make a nice tower to have!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: