Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-7000 Memory Scan  (Read 641 times)
VA3TWT

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »

First off, I am a newly licensed ham (3 weeks) so please be gentle if this has been answered elsewhere. I find the manual quite cryptic.

I have uploaded about 70 frequencies into my IC-7000, but when I select Memory Scan, I have a problem. If I select Scan Resume ON in the menus, the radio will
lock on a busy frequency for about 10 seconds and then resume scanning (hard to follow a QSO). If I turn Scan Resume OFF, the radio stops scanning at the
first busy channel and stays there even if the channel goes quiet.

I would like the radio to stop on a busy channel and stay there until the channel goes quiet and then continue scanning to the next busy channel it locks
onto. (Like a conventional scanner)

If I understand the manual, (and I don't think I do), I think this has something to do with a squelch setting, but I can't find it in any of the menus.

Any and all help would be most appreciated, and I thank you in advance.

Gord - VA3TWT
AK4KZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »

Unfortunately, that's what the IC-7000 does. It's, perhaps, my biggest gripe about the radio.. which I otherwise generally love.

Chris
AK4KZ
VA3TWT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »

Thanks Chris.  I thought it was working as I want BEFORE I did a factory reset.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

Oh well, story of my life...

Gord - VA3TWT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: