Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ODDS on QSO with ZL9HR  (Read 8941 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2012, 11:56:32 AM »

What happened to all the maybe they should allow "Only 1 or 2 contacts" people?

Strange how attitudes change, Roll Eyes now that it looks like 3 or 4 or, in "Some" cases, even more
QSOs wont be so "Impossible". And the wasted day due to wx does not seem to have caused much
of a problem...........

I may try them again, but my 1 QSO suits me.

Food for thought........  Shocked

73, Gene AF3Y
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »

Worked fairly easily on 15 CW with 100w, 2015Z.  Surprisingly small pileup, especially for a Sunday. Much louder today than yesterday, although that's relative.  Still not moving the S-meter much.  Glad you guys on the east coast are getting a shot, as he has not been strong here.  Normally VK/ZL is falling off a log from Colorado.  Almost inaudible on 20m right now, although that may just be the fact they are beaming EU.

Have a couple of night shifts left here before I can chase him on top band.  Good news that they were allowed to stay on the island overnight.  Hope some 160m activity is in the offing.

(ed @ 2100Z)  Also worked on 10m CW w/100w.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:02:09 PM by K0RS » Logged
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2012, 12:30:15 PM »

I was happy with the speed and ease it happened for me but gotta try now for a CW contact.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2012, 01:34:41 PM »

What happened to all the maybe they should allow "Only 1 or 2 contacts" people?

Yeah, right. That was never going to happen. Some folks are OC, some like to play the big fish in the small pond (smaller than they think because it's only like-minded people who are impressed by greenie totals), some just have nothing else to do. To each his own.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:44:12 PM by WS3N » Logged
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »

Got them on 20M SSB this morning for #330 - one away from honor roll.

Yesterday conditions just plain sucked on the West Coast - today - waaaaaaay better.

Maybe they pointed their antenna at West Coast? Who knows . . .

Congrats Rich, who's No. 331?

in the meantime,

all I want for Christmas is a ZL9 QSO........ followed sometime in 2013 by a ZL9 QSL card.  Grin

Worst case, #331 will be VK0/H in January of 2014.

Best case - someone will go activate one of these:

3Y0/B, E3, FR/G, FR/T, FT5Z, KH5K, KP1, VP8/S

and of course, SV/A is possible - but not at all easy.

That's it. I get all of these then I am at #1 HR - but these are all in the league of "pray to the DX-ped deities" . . . .

I am going to predict that two of these are activated in 2013 - one in Spring and one in the Fall. No - I don't bet - I'm more like Carnac  . . .
KB9BIT

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2012, 05:53:42 AM »

I must be in some sort of radio black hole since they've only been a whisper the few time I've heard them so far. My persistent power-line noise has been very bad but the few times it has been quiet I've barely been able to hear them. Unless I can go to a local ham's shack and try from there I think my chances are going to remain < 10%
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2012, 06:32:09 AM »

You might want to consider having the power company come out and check their lines.  The electric company is required to fix any RFI caused by their power lines.  I had a RFI problem last year and the power company finally found and fixed the problem.  There's a ARRL website that has what the noises sound like plus they have a department that deals with RFI.  Also the FCC can get involved but it's best to start with the power company.  BTW, I had to call the power company today cause it's starting to happen again.  GL
Randy
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »

Logged them on 15m SSB yesterday morning. 59+ into SoCAL. Pileup was basically not there or was so well behaved I didn't notice it. 2 calls and logged. At least I have them now and can try for more log entries at a much easier pace Smiley

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:25 AM »

Just listening to them on 40 CW and behaviour is appalling, at least two stations dishing out qso's on the same freq, so who is the real ZL9HR?  This is in addition to all the pile up pole swearing and going off at people.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

Sounds like the same bunch of morons that were doing it to PT0S on 40 mtrs.  What it was that time was the split was interfering with the OMISS net.  I heard the members make mention of the PT0S on the net that night.  The problem was that the split was happening before the net started and the OMISS members weren't happy about it.  I've had a couple of run ins with the OMISS net before.  Very territorial and they don't ask, they take.  At least that's the way it was for me.
Randy
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:08 PM »

SCREW the OMISS net guys and the horses and donkeys they rode in to town on.  IF they are not there first, they will just have to go elsewhere or sit on their hands.  Same for the "?? SERVICE net or some kind of RV net I heard on 40 this morning, grumbling about DXers this morning and about how many years they have been there. The number of years they have "been there" means just about as much as what my dog leaves in the neighbors yard for him to step in.

We had one of these guys who used to eat breakfast in the diner I used to frequent when I lived in SC. He was an OK type of guy for a redneck pig farmer, but how he ever got his license is a mystery to me, and I am sure he was licensed back when it was much tougher than now, which is not really saying much. He asked me once what DXers got out of "59, THANK YOU". I did not even try to explain it to him.

What these guys get out of giving each other the weather report for their QTH is about the extent of their conversations.  I listened in one day and heard "  uhhhhhh...... dang, I forgot what it was I was gonna say, Ralph, so back to you"  Weather reports?  Does anyone who has a ham radio station not have a TV and the Weather Channel?  Oh, OK, I will shut up. I dont like to get started on nets........... Cool

73, Gene AF3Y
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2012, 02:48:21 PM »

What these guys get out of giving each other the weather report for their QTH is about the extent of their conversations. 

On one of those 40m nets, a station was giving out a repot as follows -  22 22 rifle shot, rifle shot. What the heck is that.
Now that is one reason why my 2m brand new rig has a dead battery from not keeping it charged up. Oh well.

Krish
w4vku
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »

Hooray, #311 in the books! Signal was above the noise on 17 CW here at 2230Z in MD. I will try for a low power QSO for DX Marathon and then I am done. But no need to set the alarm for 3 am now!

paul
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »

Hooray, #311 in the books! Signal was above the noise on 17 CW here at 2230Z in MD. I will try for a low power QSO for DX Marathon and then I am done. But no need to set the alarm for 3 am now!

paul

HEARTY CONGRATS - most excellent!
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2012, 03:55:30 PM »

Congratulation Paul!!  I only have 4 to go to 300 but it looks like it might happen by the next sunspot cycle.  Not many ATNOs coming up.  Oh well, got something to look forward to.

Gene, the OMISS isn't in my top 1000 list.  I'm not a net-nutter or a repeater user, too boring and slow.
Randy
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: