Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some statisitics from VU7M expedition  (Read 4371 times)
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »

Still no sign on the 2nd card here I sent a email to one of the op's that I was in contact with before bit no reply yet,

Will send another card and some $$$ at the end of next month if nothing,

Trevor
EI2GLB

I have forwarded Ryan's, N2RJ, inquiry and I will forward your message when I get a reply back.

Chris/NU1O
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »

Thanks, Chris.  I sent it to the address on QRZ.com, so please let me know if I need to send again.  I did include $5, so I hoped that would accelerate the process   Cheesy
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »

Got an email from Arasu. He mentioned that NU1O sent an inquiry. Thanks.

Basically they are trying to get some commemorative stamps.  Cool.

No worries, but it will be nice to finally reach 300 this year.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

Thanks, Chris.  I sent it to the address on QRZ.com, so please let me know if I need to send again.  I did include $5, so I hoped that would accelerate the process   Cheesy

Mark,

Since they did not get any help with funding from DX clubs or corporate sponsors I know they appreciate each and every contribution. This trip was paid for by team members.

I mailed my QSL and donation to the same address in Maryland as you did. I mailed my QSL on September 6th and received my QSL on November 10th.

Arasu sent me an email which basically states what Ryan posted: they are looking for commemorative stamps.

Their website says to send comments to lionajoy@yahoo.com. Lion Ajoy is the QSL manager for VU7M.

If anybody would like to know if their contribution was received they can drop Lion Ajoy a note and if for some reason that does not work send me a note and I will contact Arasu, VU2UR, who was a VU7M team member.

Chris/NU1O
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »

Chris

Sorry for being thick-headed:  What is a commemorative stamp?  Are they looking for that from me?  I sent $5, do I need to send another $5 to expedite the QSL card?  Whatever I need to get this QSL card, I just need to know. 

Thanks

Mark
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »

Chris

Sorry for being thick-headed:  What is a commemorative stamp?  Are they looking for that from me?  I sent $5, do I need to send another $5 to expedite the QSL card?  Whatever I need to get this QSL card, I just need to know. 

Thanks

Mark

They are looking to put the stamp on the envelope they send to you.  They are not looking for more money from you or any other donor.

Chris/NU1O
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 08:02:06 PM »

That's mighty nice of them, Chris.  Thanks for the update, please pass on that I will gladly send another donation if they skip the stamp and send ASAP   Wink
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 08:37:11 PM »

That's mighty nice of them, Chris.  Thanks for the update, please pass on that I will gladly send another donation if they skip the stamp and send ASAP   Wink

I had a feeling you would have that sentiment.  Most of us are DXers, not stamp collectors.  Drop Lion Ajoy a note and tell him you don't care what kind of stamp they use.  He might afix whatever stamp he has and you may get your QSL faster. You have nothing to lose but an email.

I am not a stamp collector but when I received the QSL I realized a lot of time, thought, and effort went into the whole design.  The envelope was specially designed for the expedition and they had two beautiful stamps depicting what I assume was a Bengal tiger. I gave the stamps away to a friend whose 12 year old son collects stamps. He would appreciate them far more than me. They also used a holograph on the QSL.

I understand your desire for the promt arrival of the QSL, however.

Good luck and please write a post or drop me an email when you get the QSL.

Chris/NU1O
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »

So I finally got a card but the only confirmed one of my 2 qso's even though I was told both were ok,

I emailed both the QSL manager and Vasu but no reply, this is quickly turning out to be the hardest entity to confirm I have ever worked,

I had sent another card the day before I recieved mine as I had given up on waiting,

Trevor
EI2GLB
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 07:59:21 AM »

So I finally got a card but the only confirmed one of my 2 qso's even though I was told both were ok,

I emailed both the QSL manager and Vasu but no reply, this is quickly turning out to be the hardest entity to confirm I have ever worked,

I had sent another card the day before I recieved mine as I had given up on waiting,

Trevor
EI2GLB

Sorry that happened to you, Trevor, but I'm glad one QSO is confirmed.  If you don't get the other in a reasonable time drop me an email or a message in this forum and I will write to Arasu directly.

Chris/NU1O
IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:34 AM »

Hello Chris good morning ,
my fiend Alex IW0HQE  send qsl 2 time to USA address for VU7M qsl card ,
not any replay ,
is possible for you send this info to the manager ?
tnx in advance and happy new year
Tony , IK0OZD

qsl rx
all ok
tnx Chris
Tony , IK0OZD
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »

Hello Chris good morning ,
my fiend Alex IW0HQE  send qsl 2 time to USA address for VU7M qsl card ,
not any replay ,
is possible for you send this info to the manager ?
tnx in advance and happy new year
Tony , IK0OZD

qsl rx
all ok
tnx Chris
Tony , IK0OZD

Very good news, Tony! I am very happy your friend Alex received his card.  The Indian hams are doing their very best but sometimes things beyond their control happens.

73 and Ciao,

Chris/NU1O
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:03 AM »

Anyone stateside get their card lately?
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »

Not yet
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »

Thanks for the help Chris,

I emailed both Arasu and the QSL manager and neither replied, bit disapointed about there lack of interest but what can you do, I'm sure someone else will go there again someday,

Trevor
EI2GLB
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: