Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZL9HR-Campbell Is Dxped feedback forum  (Read 29719 times)
NN3W

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »

Wow....What a headache ZL9HR was this morning.  While I snagged them on 40 without much effort, 30 meters was an adventure I have not experienced in quite a while.  The op was changing his transmit frequency and randomly calling stations simplex.  No split, no pattern (often), and no timing.  It was simply call, call, call.  That and be sure your roofing filters are kept wide open.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »

After reading the mail here, I decided to set my alarm for 4 AM and see if I could hear anything here in SE Michigan.

I made sure not to wake up Grumpy, despite the alarm. Smiley

Well, for the second time I actually heard them. 30 meters. Never heard the pile-up. Tried throwing out my call up 7 or so whenever they were strong and I would be able to respond. No luck, but I had to try.

I'm ALWAYS careful anytime there is a chance to wake up "GRUMPY"
That is a good way to get hit upside the head with a club.
I've been lucky the last 3 nights, I woke up each night just
BEFORE the alarm went off at 0330.

I have enough headache trying to hear ZL9HR,
I don't need my ears ringing from a whack from
her club. That has a tendancy to "dull the hearing"
N8XI

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2012, 09:51:43 AM »

My first QSO with them was 12/3/12 at 03:06Z on 30M.
Subsequently I have worked them on 20 CW & SSB and 15M CW.
They have been pretty loud on many occasions.

This is my 331st entity.
My next submission to ARRL will qualify me for DXCC Honor Roll.
These are the last 9 outstanding DXCC countries for me:
BS7, BV9P, E3, FR-T, FT8Z, P5, VK9-X, VP8-S and XZ.

73, Rick - N8XI
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »

Hi Rich,
 I hope they come up on 80m cw around 09:45Z and stay on. Thats when they were heard as the prop started to
 build up from FL to the North East US about 3 days ago.

This morning, i did see spots for 80m LSB Smiley and also 80m Rtty for ZL. But nothing for us just before our sunrise.

This is the 3rd day with a 4am wake up. I hope they come up on 80m for us soon before they go QRT.

73s
krish
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:21 AM »

With condx here in Florida (at least at MY qth), I SURE would like to see an updated Log. I think that would REALLY be a PLUS for this expedition if they were a little closer together. (Just MY opinion)

I dont want to get yelled at or berated for a dupe on 20 cw, but I can hear em now good enough for a try.  I think I got em yesterday, but not 100% sure.  QSB was rampant (still is Sad) and tuners ALWAYS seem to tune when I am listening.

Gene AF3Y

(More Frequent Log Updates would solve my (and Others....) problem in this regard.)

UPDATE:   The Updated log is online. My 20m cw QSO is there, so I did well, by waiting. GLAD I did NOT cause someone to not make a contact by working a dupe. Cool
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:20:00 AM by AF3Y » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2012, 02:40:12 PM »

a possible 20m CW contact earlier yesterday  Roll Eyes.

Gene,
 I heard that exchange, The op came back to you several times, but I never heard you send a report back - although hearing you was not a problem.  Grin Ouch, my ears!

I may not have checked back to your freq in time to hear you send an exchange.

QSO IS in the log!

Hmmm....... are you saying that my THP 2.5Kfx IS working? Sorry if I woke you up, OM Cool.

Gene AF3Y
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »

a possible 20m CW contact earlier yesterday  Roll Eyes.

Gene,
 I heard that exchange, The op came back to you several times, but I never heard you send a report back - although hearing you was not a problem.  Grin Ouch, my ears!

I may not have checked back to your freq in time to hear you send an exchange.

QSO IS in the log!

Hmmm....... are you saying that my THP 2.5Kfx IS working? Sorry if I woke you up, OM Cool.

Gene AF3Y

Congrats I saw that you were in there.

It sure has been a sad day for ZL9 CW activities. At least for me. I was hoping they would be on 15 again, but it looks like yesterday was CW day and today is SSB day. And what's with this solar cycle? Let's see, is there is anything else I can B & M about......

I ran Dave's (AA6YQ) Prop View with some interesting results. Anyway - I'm running out of time, I've certainly had the opportunities so I can't complain about that.
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »

Hello Larry, saw your post & thought I was going to hear good news, they havnt been bending my S meter here either, I noticed on another one of your posts you mentioned 20 meter longpath over Europe during your morning, well last weekend on Sunday they were a true S9 + 10 here at 1430z shortpath 221 degrees, This was on ssb, hopefully they can put that station on 20 cw, as Ive noticed when both stations are on same band the ssb sig is much louder than the cw station, anyway good luck as I now read they will qrt at 1900z on Saturday, so times runnin out, 73 Dan WG5G.
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2012, 05:30:02 PM »

Good copyable signals on 17 SSB today here in Carson City, NV from about 00:15 (when I got home from work) till now. No contact for me, but the best I've heard them so far.

Eric
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »

Hello Larry, saw your post & thought I was going to hear good news, they havnt been bending my S meter here either, I noticed on another one of your posts you mentioned 20 meter longpath over Europe during your morning, well last weekend on Sunday they were a true S9 + 10 here at 1430z shortpath 221 degrees, This was on ssb, hopefully they can put that station on 20 cw, as Ive noticed when both stations are on same band the ssb sig is much louder than the cw station, anyway good luck as I now read they will qrt at 1900z on Saturday, so times runnin out, 73 Dan WG5G.

I don't run SSB here. They finally came up on 15CW tonight, about 6 hours too late for me. I could hear them - weak and a bit of QSB - but a fairly good copy and finally faded. They didn't hear me. Not many answering their CQ, but it was rather late for the east - although some K4s did work them, assuming they were really in K4-land. My best shot will probably be around 2000-2200 Z on 15. They ran SSB today and CW yesterday. Maybe CW tomorrow - hope, hope.
There are other opportunities on other bands, but 15 will be the best. I really thought I had a shot at 20 LP because i've had some good success with that path before. Not so this time.
Yes, time is running out - c'est la vie. (In other words - RATS!Grin
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:07 PM »

Hey Dan,

PS - I was woefully unprepared for these lousy prop conditions. Lesson learned!
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2012, 06:27:03 PM »

One thing I can categorically state, even IF I miss these guys
it will NOT be for lack of trying.
Been listening again today on the higher bands and still nothing.
Between their weak signal and my local atmospheric noise,
been a losing proposition on 20 and above.
For once, it is not powerline interference, just plain
old QRN.

the alarm will be set for 0-dark-30 tonight,
maybe 0300 or 0330 and be lookin for them
on 30 & 40.

By my cyphering, only two full days left.

Packing up their tents and camels on Dec 9.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »

Actually not even dec 9th, it is 1900z on Dec 8th i think is when they shut down
per QRZ Dx.

Due to potential good weather and the possibility for ease of sailing back, they plan
to pull the plug sooner.

That would mean a day sooner for us over here. Rats!!!

Need an 80m cw Q. Rich, please drop a note to the ops about the need. We are sure that there
are many others waiting.

If they are on 3520 at 09:30z, that would be good and they should stay on as the
sun moves across the country.

Also they have not done much 20m Rtty, except for a short burst on the first day per the
spots. Had we known, we would have stayed up all night. Some lucky folks were able to nab
multiple band/modes that night. But who knows. Our first 20m SSB Q
was not in their log either.

Krish
w4vku

KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »

Actually not even dec 9th, it is 1900z on Dec 8th i think is when they shut down
per QRZ Dx.

Due to potential good weather and the possibility for ease of sailing back, they plan
to pull the plug sooner.

That would mean a day sooner for us over here. Rats!!!

Need an 80m cw Q. Rich, please drop a note to the ops about the need. We are sure that there
are many others waiting.

If they are on 3520 at 09:30z, that would be good and they should stay on as the
sun moves across the country.

Also they have not done much 20m Rtty, except for a short burst on the first day per the
spots. Had we known, we would have stayed up all night. Some lucky folks were able to nab
multiple band/modes that night. But who knows. Our first 20m SSB Q
was not in their log either.

Krish
w4vku

These have been communicated to the team.

Rich
KY6R
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

30m is always good for a surprise.  I just worked ZL9HR @ 0453Z (9:53 PM local) on a due south beam heading over the south pole.  Not terribly strong, but very Q5.  Picked my call out on the 2nd try.  It's midafternoon on Campbell according to my Geochron!  Wow, neat prop.

This my first night home since they have been QRV, so maybe some more low band action tonite!
Pages: Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: