Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZL9HR-Campbell Is Dxped feedback forum  (Read 29465 times)
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »

http://www.campbell2012.com/index.php/qsl-info
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »

I went to the ZL9HR site and made a donation.  It asked me for my name and call but it never asked me for my QSOs or listed them.
Is that the way their site works or did something get fouled up?

Chris/NU1O
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »

You would think they would use the OQRS feature of Clublog, but it doesn't look like it's been activated yet. I guess the thing to do is wait a few more days and see what happens. It looks like the Paypal thing on their QSL page was just to make a donation.

John K7KB
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2012, 05:58:05 PM »

I figure they just need more time--this was an unusually difficult operation--with all the hoops they had to go through--not to mention the need to make a good impression on the authorities to allow future operations.  The all night operation was great--but I'm sure it stressed the operators a lot and wore them down.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »

I figure they just need more time--this was an unusually difficult operation--with all the hoops they had to go through--not to mention the need to make a good impression on the authorities to allow future operations.  The all night operation was great--but I'm sure it stressed the operators a lot and wore them down.

What does all the hoops they went through have to do with our donations and no QSOs listed, or asked for, which is normally the case?  Swains was a very difficult operation, also.  The OPs were suffering from dehydration and the weather conditions were much worse but there were no problems with the OQRS.

ALL the operators who come home from an expedition to an uninhabited island are stressed out, not just the guys from ZL9HR.  Actually, I think this has more to do with their QSL manager making these decisions than the actual OPs. If the OPs aren't still on their boat they have only been home for a few days.

Chris/NU1O

W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »

Perhaps the QSL manager is waiting for the last part of the log to be uploaded? 

K5GS

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »

We are back in New Zealand after a rough 2+ day sea journey from the island.

The last of the logs will be uploaded soon.

Everyone in good health,  we will sleep soundly tonight in a read bed that isn't rocking and rolling...

Gene K5GS
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2012, 08:31:19 PM »

Everyone in good health,  we will sleep soundly tonight in a read bed that isn't rocking and rolling...

Gene K5GS

Ah - great news and what a great show you guys put on. Just fantastic.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »

Everyone in good health,  we will sleep soundly tonight in a read bed that isn't rocking and rolling...

Gene K5GS
Dear Gene,

Despite not having a normal reply when I made my donation in no way should my comment be construed as criticism of your operation to Campbell Island. The donation simply did not fit the normal pattern we are all accustomed to. Now that I know all the logs were not uploaded it makes sense.

Conditions were not what I (and probably many others) expected only a month or two ago. Your team must have dealt with many weak signals especially on the higher bands like 10 and 12 meters where signals were very weak here in New England. I'd love to hear some recordings of actual QSOs because the OPs obviously have a very rare ability to pull out faint signals amidst QRM most always on the first transmission.

My 20 meter CW and phone QSOs were the only ones I was certain about as the signals were very strong. On 10 meters the signal was at or under the noise level when I worked you on December 1st. I really could not make out out my whole call but the timing and rhythm were both right so I gave a report. On 15 meter CW your signal was a little stronger but I put the odds at 50/50 of being in the log. As it turned out both of my questionable QSOs were in your online logbook and due to the frequent updates I did not have to make the pileups any worse by making duplicate QSOs.

Thanks to all for expending the significant amount of money to make this happen, to brave the very rough seas, and to live under very inhospitable conditions. Your team should be extremely proud of itself for this truly altruistic expedition done solely for the enjoyment of other hams.

I hope you all get the needed rest and are back to normal in short order.

Thanks for the all-time new one!  I think the amateur community will be talking about ZL9HR for quite a long time.  It was a great expedition to a much needed entity.

Chris/NU1O

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:07:23 AM by NU1O » Logged
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2012, 04:30:21 AM »

Looks like the final logs are uploaded...  I got my contact with them!!

73's

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »

73's

Yep, and mine is not coming up....Can someone help with this?....1054z on 12/7/12 20 meter SSB.....

V
KA3NRX
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »

73's

Yep, and mine is not coming up....Can someone help with this?....1054z on 12/7/12 20 meter SSB.....

V
KA3NRX

Send an email to the QSL manager - and ask to check for a busted call . . . .

In fact - for all questions regarding QSL / LOTW / Clublog - please contact the QSL manager.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2012, 05:43:11 AM »

Yep, on some of the bands, we had to use the external 14bB pre-amp with the 3ele yagi at 70ft on a rig
that is pretty good (Yaesu FT990) in order to work ZL9.
Good ears i should say.

73s
krish
K4JK

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:52 AM »

Gene K5GS
Welcome back! Thanks for the new one and all the work you guys put into it!

Safe travels and 73

ex W4HFK
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: December 11, 2012, 06:34:52 AM »

Pretty good operation overall...enjoyed it...never had a chance to try low bands, never on at our prop time but worked them 30 meters and up....well controlled pile ups, not the 50KHZ split some recent ones entertained....

Pages: Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: